Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Check it out! The Timken Chain Business is looking for a Business Development Analyst! Wonder what a Business Development Analyst does? We are looking for a perfect candidate that has experience in reviewing/understanding our business analytics. They will need to use their marketing skills to advertise our products to expand our business even more! Think you might be the perfect candidate? Keep reading to find out!
Position Summary: Support the Timken Chain Business with quantitative analysis and project execution and support. Serve as a point contact for market based data focused on heavy industry and conveying and power transmission markets for agriculture, metals, oil and gas, cement, power generation, and food and beverage to support growth strategies.
Responsible for integrating and leveraging communications using appropriate advertising, sales promotion and/or publicity tactics designed to meet plan objectives. Attendant communications are either developed internally by the individual or awarded to external agency resources.
Essential Job Duties:
Marketing Communications and Analytical Support:
- Capture, process, interpret, and communicate internal market specific data for regularly generated reporting and ad-hoc requests to include but not limited to sales and orderbook trends, achievement of business plans, and overall market profitability.
- Research and communicate external market activities including economic and market drivers and indicators, industry investments, production trends, customer activity and environmental characteristics for assigned markets.
- Market research to identify market size, segmentation, growth, and market share by market.
- Support the population and use of the installed base database with data capture, loading, and engagement with regional marketing teams and users.
Project Support and Execution:
- Support market and program managers as needed on evaluation of growth opportunities.
- Support go to market and new product launch projects with market intelligence and target customer and competitive analysis.
- Lead small individual projects related to market growth or development of internal analytical or evaluation tools.
- Function as both a member of the relevant sales and marketing team providing insight and input on building the bran through key marketing programs requiring marketing communications support.
- Develop marketing communications plans to support initiatives emanating from the market segment(s).
- Must build consensus for the general direction of the plan and gain appropriate approvals and monetary support.
- Deliver well-conceived, effective advertising, promotion and publicity materials on-time and within budget parameters.
- Include measurement in tactical plans.
- Leverage relationships with trade and business press editorial staff to support publicity initiatives that showcase Timken and its products.
- Supervise and evaluate performance of vendors supporting marketing communications programs.
- Offer communications counsel on a variety of marketing programs.
- Anticipate evolving trends in the communications business and their applicability to Timken.
- Strong analytical capabilities to compile, organize, and interpret data.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office; Excel and Access for data manipulation.
- Exposure to process industries markets via prior roles (pricing, supply chain, etc.)
- Timeline management and execution.
Education and/or Experience: Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Business, or related field required. Master's Degree in Marketing, Business, or related field preferred.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and complete necessary production forms. Ability to speak effectively with fellow employees and/or customers.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, schedule, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several variables; problem solving ability.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, sit, use hands/arms. The employee is regularly required to talk, hear at conversational level, and smell. The employee is occasionally required to walk, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift/move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift/move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift/move up to 50 pounds. Moving/lifting greater than 50 pounds requires assistance from another employee or a lifting device/hoist. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, outside weather conditions, and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to extreme heat and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Required Personal Protective Equipment
Employee is required to wear proper safety eyewear, hearing protection, and steel-toed shoes at all times while on the plant floor.
The Timken Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All associates and applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law. For additional information please visit our website Timken Careers http://www.timken.com/careers/.
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.