Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Efficiently perform all operations on the various grinding and hard-machining equipment:
- Responsible for procurement and use of proper gauges and maintaining quality requirements that meet or exceed customer drawing specifications, both written and understood.
- Complete all required documentation - hardcopy and electronic, including productivity boards.
- Will be required to produce parts to a level that is acceptable when compared to standard pieces per hour as designated on routings.
- Responsible for daily lubrication and maintenance of machine and other duties such as wheel dressing and machine set-up to keep parts within tolerance and finish specifications.
- Perform all necessary loading and unloading of machine; procure and properly utilize setup material; synchronize manual and automatic operations while grinding or turning and allow for temperature changes.
- Interpret and follow drawings, instructions, routings, and specifications; install and maintain proper grinding wheels; or inserts, set up and operate at proper and/or prescribed feeds and speeds.
- Will operate all grinding and turning machines - must be multi-skilled.
- Responsible for preventive maintenance and maintaining inventory of tooling and inserts.
- Responsible for proper care of company tools, observance of safety regulations, and correct reporting of time and production.
- Responsible for maintaining equipment in good working order and maintaining a neat & orderly work area.
- Perform other duties as deemed necessary, in order to meet plant goals and objectives.
- Ability to use shop mathematics.
- Ability to interpret a variety of prints.
- Ability to plan and perform unusual & difficult work.
- Ability to make decisions that involve considerable judgment.
- Must be willing to work on any Grinder 4 job (Roll Grind, Roll End Grind, N/C Operator, VTL, Turret, Secondary A, Width Grind, ID Grind, OD Grind, Job Shop, Hard Machining, Tape Hone, etc.)
- Must be willing to work any shift.
- Must be willing to work over-time.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.