HD Supply (NASDAQ:HDS) (www.hdsupply.com) is one of the largest industrial distributors in North America. The company provides a broad range of products and value-add services to approximately 500,000 customers with leadership positions in maintenance, repair and operations and specialty construction sectors. Through approximately 260 locations across 36 states and six Canadian provinces, the company's approximately 11,000 associates provide localized, customer-driven services including jobsite delivery, will call or direct-ship options, diversified logistics and innovative solutions that contribute to its customers' success. With an active commitment to the communities in which we operate, HD Supply associates are part of a thriving organization that supports the virtues of wellness, diversity and inclusion - all of which are top priorities for the company. Equally as important is empowering our associates to grow professionally while providing competitive benefits and compensation. If you're ready to find a rewarding career and achieve your full potential with a growing industry leader, HD Supply is ready for you!
Job Description & Qualifications
Responsible for primary (PM) planned maintenance and small scope technical troubleshooting and repair activities.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- Provides technical support in areas such as production, operations, maintenance, safety and testing.
- Uses schematics, diagrams, written and verbal descriptions or defined plans to perform testing and troubleshooting on electronic or mechanical components, equipment or systems
- Performs preventative maintenance and repairs on equipment and systems (e.g., mechanical, electrical). Evaluates and recommends equipment improvements to improve availability, capability and yield. Performs equipment failure analyses (including preventative and unscheduled maintenance).
- Troubleshoots and diagnoses difficult, infrequent problems with equipment. Prepares technical reports to document equipment modifications and equipment maintenance procedures.
- Acts as liaison for Contract Maintenance personnel and oversees contract maintenance activities as required.
- Trains Operators on (AM) Autonomous Maintenance developing PM/AM procedures and training programs.
- Maintains shop and equipment, parts, and supplies inventories.
Nature and Scope
- Refers complex, unusual problems to supervisor.
- Under general supervision, exercises some judgment in accordance with well-defined policies, procedures, and techniques. Work typically involves regular review of output by a senior coworker or supervisor.
- Typically located in a comfortable environment but with regular exposure to factors that may cause noticeable discomfort or a moderate risk of accident or illness, such as temperature extremes, moving machinery, loud noises, and fumes.
- Requires intermittent periods during which continuous physical exertion is required, such as walking, standing, stooping, climbing, lifting, and maneuvering material or equipment that may be heavy (50+ pounds) or awkward.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Education and Experience
- HS Diploma or GED strongly preferred. Specialized skills training/certification may be required. Generally 2-5 years of experience in area of responsibility.
Preferred Qualifications & Job Specific Details
- Industrial Technology degree
- 3+ years of experience in production maintenance
- Metal fabrication and maintenance experience
- Project engineering experience
Job Locations US-IL-Northlake
Posted Date 4 months ago (8/10/2020 9:33 AM)
Job ID 2020-38948
Business Unit Facilities Maintenance
Functional Area Operations
Remote Position? No
Position Type Full-Time
Posting Location : Postal Code 60164
HD Supply is an Equal Opportunity Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veteran and Affirmative Action Employer. HD Supply considers for employment and hires qualified candidates without regard to age, race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, protected veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law.