A Penske Body Shop Technician III will, under supervision, perform minor truck and trailer component repair or replacement. Assist Technician I and II in the removal, replacement, and repair of major components.
• Perform the following repairs or replacements: Minor electrical system repairs, Surface preparation for refinishes, Minor Cab Accessory repair/ replacement, Minor Cargo Box repairs
• Pick up and delivery of vehicles
• Maintain work area appearance and safety
• Other projects and tasks as assigned by supervisor
• 2 years of related experience (or an equivalent combination of related education and experience) required
• High School Diploma or equivalent required
• Vocational/technical school preferred
• Certification of completion of technical school specializing in the repair/refinish of all series of truck and trailer preferred
• Working knowledge of tools of trade (including welding equipment, paint equipment, shop machines, and power tools) required
• Current CDL with air brake certification or ability to obtain within 12 months of hire required
• Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
• Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, and submit to a reference check required.
This position is regulated by the Department of Transportation or designated as safety sensitive by the company, and the ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner is required. Associates must have the
ability to accept responsibility for their own safety, as well as the safety of others.
-The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-The associate will be required to remember and understand certain instructions, guidelines or other information. The associate must be able to see and verbally communicate. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate will be required to move frequently, stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 50lbs/23kg and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100lbs/45kg.
Penske is committed to the principle of equity in employment - As part of this commitment; Penske endeavors to make its recruitment process accessible to any and all users. Reasonable accommodations will be provided, upon request, to applicants with disabilities in order to facilitate equal opportunity throughout the recruitment and selection process. Please contact us at 905-819-7900 or firstname.lastname@example.org to make a request for reasonable accommodation during any aspect of the recruitment and selection process. This contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.
About Penske Truck Leasing:
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading, Pennsylvania, is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske Automotive Group and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. A leading global transportation services provider, Penske operates a premier fleet of vehicles and serves its customers from locations in North America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. Penske's product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain management solutions. Visit www.GoPenske.com to learn more.