Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Wazee Electric, a division of Timken Motor & Crane Services LLC, is seeking a full-time Mechanic.
The Mechanic is responsible for diagnosing and repairing industrial equipment. The Mechanic performs an initial inspection to diagnosis failures of industrial equipment and help sales produce an initial quote for repairing equipment. After initial inspection Mechanics breakdown equipment for repair and is responsible for performing the identified repair.
- Read job cards to determine: job status, work authorizations/limitations, estimate, description of problems, and/or expected serviceability.
- Test electro-mechanical equipment to troubleshoot known or suspected problems using various methods (ac or dc).
- Disassemble electro-mechanical equipment noting parts identification, configuration, and condition.
- Clean electro-mechanical equipment assemblies as needed using various methods and steps, including but not limited to: parts washers/steamers, caustic tanks, glass beaders, etc.
- Measure for or note proper replacement parts. Correctly requisition needed items from storekeeper, as approved by supervisor.
- Replace or repair worn or defective mechanical or electro-mechanical assemblies, including but not limited to: bearings, brushes, brush holders, motor leads, gears, seals, impellers, mechanical switches, brakes, clutches, clutch rotors, tachs, fans, end shields, etc.
- Retest reassembled electro-mechanical equipment for proper output and operation.
- Complete required paperwork for each job accurately and on a timely basis.
- Operate specialized repair and testing equipment and other equipment as needed.
- Observe all safety procedures and use proper protective gear (especially eye and ear protection).
- Lift, tighten, adjust, and/or secure heavy objects in order to perform work duties.
- Keep work area neat and clean as directed by supervisor.
- Assist other mechanics or other shop personnel in skilled or non-skilled duties as directed by supervisor or shop manager.
- Perform other skilled or non-skilled duties as directed by supervisor.
- Basic mechanical aptitude.
- Experience in electro-mechanical field, electric motor repair field, or industrial repair of manufacturing equipment highly preferred.
- Ability to understand, perform and retain various skill-related training and operational and safety procedures demonstrated by supervisor.
- Ability to work well with others in a team effort.
- Required minimum level of education: high school diploma.
Essential Functions/Work Environment:
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move more than 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include: close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus, excellent hand-eye coordination.
- Must be able to speak and hear clearly.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, stand, walk, use hands and fingers to handle, operate tools/equipment, and/or feel, reach with arms and hands, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, and talk and hear.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to: work near moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, and risk of electrical shock. The employee is frequently exposed extreme cold and extreme heat (non-weather), and toxic or caustic chemicals. The employee is occasionally exposed to risk of vibration.
- The noise level in the work environment usually ranges from moderate to loud.
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.