Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Responsible for establishing strategic direction and leadership for the development, implementation, and ongoing
management of industry leading environmental, health and safety programs at the Timken Manchester facility, and to
ensure compliance with all Federal, State, Local and company rules and regulations.
Provide daily leadership to ensure the effective development and implementation of all occupational injury and illness
- Develop and maintain safety and environmental programs, standards and procedures that will ensure Timken Aerospace Drive Systems, LLC and all associates are in compliance with local, state, and federal rules and regulations, including OSHA and EPA standards.
- Develop strategies to improve environmental visibility, engagement of management and active associate
- Analyze environmental data to measure progress towards meeting goals and identify areas needing attention.
- Communicate with all levels of the organization on Safety & Environmental initiatives.
- Identify and work with the appropriate persons in the organization to drive continuous improvement in EH&S performance.
- Utilize background, experience and expertise to help identify root causes and lead the implementation of
appropriate corrective actions to high profile plant safety issues.
- Develop and deliver environmental health and safety awareness and compliance by implementing appropriate training programs.
- Measure the effectiveness of these programs and continuously improve these measurements.
- Develop and implement programs to reduce occupational injuries and illnesses, including work area assessments, team based injury investigations and clear, measurable goals.
- Lead the plant safety team. Establish appropriate safety team roles & responsibilities.
- Analyze and report out the safety key metrics to plant leadership and other parties as needed. (this will include the production meetings on a daily basis).
- Involve all associates and supervisors in walk-around inspections and audits of safety/environmental practices and workplace conditions.
- Develop strategies to eliminate gaps identified by the audits and walk-around inspections.
- Implement the correction actions to address the gaps.
- Coordinate with HR, Corporate Total Rewards, etc. on workers compensation case.
Lead the injury and illness investigation and corrective actions with the area leaders.
US Citizen or green card holder
Bachelors Degree in Environmental Management & Safety, Engineering, Business, or Science
Strong working knowledge of OSHA, EPA, NHDES, etc.
Solid working knowledge of Behavior Based Safety programs
Ability to implement and manage long term strategies
Excellent written and oral communication skills, including ability to present and train at all levels in the organization
Strong analytical, problem solving and decision making skills
Ability to effectively drive results
Proficient with MS Office applications such as word, excel, power point, etc.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.