Your career begins at Cone Drive Operations, a Timken company! Cone Drive is located in beautiful Traverse City, Michigan and boasts nearly 100 years of success in the gearing industry. If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Cone Drive. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
The Engineering Data Technician is primarily responsible for assuring the quality and engineering integrity of bill of material creation and maintenance within the PowerLink and MAPICS based environments in support of all products designed, manufactured, and marketed by Cone Drive Operations Inc.
- Creates new product structures in support of Cone Drive customer orders and new product development.
- Maintains existing product structures in support of ECN's, special customer requests, manufacturing requests, and general design changes and updates.
- Works with Cone Drive routing staff to prepare Item Master sheets in advance of the formal routing function.
- Day-to-day maintenance of customer cross reference and customer drawing databases within the MAPICS XA environment including maintenance of industry item numbers.
- Reviews customer orders for completeness and accuracy to ensure processing feasibility.
- Serves as liaison between Engineering and Cone Drive Sales/Operations to gather or clarify incoming order information.
- Creates new Cone Drive purchased parts book pages as required in support of new orders and components. Maintains the existing purchased parts book as required.
- Establishes and assigns new part numbers for components and assemblies as required.
- Prepares and processes certified drawings as requested by the customer or required for design approval.
- Initiates Cone Drive internal orders.
- Assesses orders for Export Control review as required.
- Ability to read and understand engineering drawings.
- Minimum 2 years experience working with PowerLink and/or MAPICS XA software.
- Familiar with Microsoft Office Products including MS Excel, MS Word and MS PowerPoint.
- Excellent working knowledge of English and ability to communicate effectively on technical matters directly related to Cone Drive bills of material, part numbers, and issues directly related to the Item Master.
- Strong personal organizational and project management skills.
- Experience working in a team oriented environment.
- Good written and oral communication and presentation skills.
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.