This position is for local residents only.
Sorry, Visa / sponsorship not available.
Flegenheimer International has been a world famous leader in the perishable Import industry since 1977. Flegenheimer was the first broker to introduce 24 hour service and maintained a staff around the clock allowing the safe handling of perishable freight at all hours of the day.
Though clearing perishable cargo is our specialty, we do handle many non-perishable products and treat them with the same perishable priority. Holding several customer broker licenses, certifications and a having multiple members in different freight and government committees Flegenheimer is able to provide the best and most up to date service to the International importing community.
We seek an experienced air import entry writer. This family business specializes in clearing perishable/food items through all Government agencies.
Perishable experience is preferred but not required. We seek someone who is excited to learn and put their good work habits to use.
- 3 years of experience in Customs Brokerage is preferred.
- Knowledge of multiple government agencies preferred.
- Able to work as part of a team as well as independently. Able to work well with others.
- Detail oriented. Able to prioritize multiple tasks, research and solve problems and stay calm and composed in a fast paced, deadline driven environment.
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral.
- Able to work 10am-7pm weekends, weekdays 2pm-11pm (Off Tue-Wed or Wed-Thu) and work 1 or 2 holidays by rotating with team members.
This job will include but is not limited to:
- Classification, data entry, electronic transmission to US CBP and all participating Government agencies
- Excellent Communication with clients, Government agencies, airlines, truckers, etc by phone and in writing.
- Prepare entries for CBP, FDA and all other Government agencies and follow up with the clearance process.
- Meeting clients and Government agencies at the airline for exams. Some lifting may be required.
- Review documents for accuracy to make sure that compliance and federal regulation requirements are met. Be able to offer solutions to any document discrepancies to both the client and management.
- Maintain and update notes for all clients, vendors, Government agencies, etc.
- 3 month probation 8am-5pm Mon-Fri schedule
- Members are encouraged to learn as much as they want.
El Segundo Office near LAX and neighboring beach area.