Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Job Requirements / Qualifications:
- High school diploma or GED required
- An acceptable level of mechanical aptitude
- An acceptable level of math skills
- Requires heavy lifting and material handling upto 40lbs 90% of the work day
- Stand 100% of the work day
- Mechanical background and setter experience preferred
- Forklift certification preferred
- Ability to read blueprints
- Basic computer skills
Job Tasks / Responsibilities:
- May require rotation of work assignments in various workstations or manufacturing cells.
- Plan and perform setups on a variety of machines to produce parts ground to customer specifications
- Use baseline setup procedures to achieve consistent setups
- Monitor machine production constantly and make accurate adjustments to produce parts to specification.
- Meet or exceed customer requirements for specifications that may include size, roundness, marks, taper, micro, length, squareness, run - out, etc.
- Loads and unloads material to and from machines and containers.
- Tasks may include visual inspection of components, packaging and transportation of parts, and making shipping labels.
- Use of a variety of gauges as well as monitoring, maintaining and recording inspections results as specified by Work Instructions
- Read and interpret operation sheets.
- Sets up and operates assembly machines, laser marking system, vision system, automatic sound test equipment, product accumulation device, close-in presses, and run-in machines.
- Use statistical process control and/or data collection as required
- Perform TPM functions as required
- Repair, adjust, and maintain gages
- Properly document all actions as required
- Responsible for housekeeping in department
- Maintain knowledge of current quality and safety system(s) and other regulatory compliance related to this position.
- Refer to Ergonomic Job Descriptions for the physical job requirements.
- This position is responsible to the Department Supervisor
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.