Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Purpose: The Compensation Specialist acts as a functional expert and strategic advisor to the global HR team and the business leaders by providing recommendations and direction setting in the broad-based and executive compensation space. These efforts in turn will ensure that our compensation programs, policies, practices and systems support the enterprise's strategic objectives while leveraging current industry trends.
The Compensation Specialist will serve as a subject matter expert in the compensation space and requires experience in strategy, design, implementation and administration of short- and long-term incentives, job evaluations, salary increases, merit budget setting, salary surveys, executive compensation, international compensation, sales compensation, financial/tax treatment of compensation programs, equity administration, proxy disclosure and analysis, and other specialized areas of compensation.
As an expert in the compensation field, the Compensation Specialist will be expected to effectively manage global projects, interact with senior management and provide consultative advice on technical compensation and executive compensation matters. This role will participate in an often lead cross functional teams/projects by serving as a best practice resource and will guide others in resolving complex and technical compensation issues.
- Maintain relationships with external consultants and advisors to share best practices and trends
- Utilize data analytics in solving complex problems and identifying solutions
- Board of Directors - Compensation Committee: Act as a technical compensation resource and may get involved in the preparation of the materials for Compensation Committee meetings
- Job Evaluation: Involvement in the evaluation and market benchmarking of key roles within the organization
- Strategic Projects: Will work directly with the General Manager of Compensation on global projects which are strategic in nature within the compensation space. This may range from something such as country specific market studies which have complex outcomes due to regulatory or cultural profiles and/or projects centering around enterprise wide studies on philosophical compensation changes and the impact it would have on Timken locations throughout the world.
- Partnering with the global HR community to provide subject matter expertise in all aspects of the compensation life cycle
- Provide technical expertise for various executive programs (i.e. non-qualified deferred compensation plan)
- Proactively research and stay current in market, regulatory and compliance trends
- Acquisition support (as needed in the due diligence and integration periods)
- Drive efficiencies through systems / automation and improved communication or data compiling tools
- Research, analyze and prepare various data requests/presentations
- Partner with outside vendors to participate in benchmarking surveys
- Assist in the process of preparing the annual proxy CD&A disclosure
- Demonstrate a highly specialized level of expertise and knowledge
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Finance, Accounting or other related field. Masters degree preferred.
- 10 years of specialized experience in Compensation or a related field. 15 years preferred.
- Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) preferred
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.