Responsible for loading and unloading freight containers and pallets to maximize available space. Responsible for sorting freight shipments to appropriate containers and pallets or driver routes. Perform functions in accordance with safety standards.
Primary job duties and responsibilities are as follows:
- Loads inbound and outbound freight to maximize the utilization of containers and pallets
- Record apparent overages, shortages, and damages to freight
- Unload inbound and outbound containers and pallets and sort according to size of freight and destination
- Picking and packing of assigned orders
- Read, decode, and decipher freight codings in order to expedite freight movement and tracing process
- Label, weigh, and dimensionalize freight
- Perform clean-up activities in work area to ensure safety and cleanliness of dock
- Record damaged shipments and misrouted freight on applicable reports
- May perform other duties as assigned
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities
- Perform other duties as assigned by management
All Education and Experience requirements comply with provincial human rights legislation.
Education and Experience include:
- Good interpersonal skills required
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Generally prefer +2 years of experience
- Must maintain a valid driver's license
- Ability to consistently lift up to sixty pounds in standing, bending, and rotating motions
- Hold current forklift license and thereby capable to operate Raymond Reach and fork lift, Clamp Carton experience is an asset
- Able to work flexible work hours
- WMS and SAP experience is an asset
Agility welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.