Position: Strategic Account Manager
Location: Los Angeles, CA (LAX)
Reporting to: VP of Sales & Marketing
FLSA Classification: Exempt
The Strategic Account Manager is responsible for the growth of strategic account sales for his/her territory or target vertical. This individual will be responsible for hitting sales quotas and goals that will be outlined by management. He/she will travel to assigned territories to secure new business and deep sell existing customer base. The ideal candidate must have the ability to coordinate and manage organizational efforts and information by creating professional and effective business proposals. The Strategic Account Manager will report directly to the Vice President of Sales and Marketing.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for selling logistics solutions to customers
- Maintain CRM per company policy
- Responsible for creating new business through contact with prospective customers in the assigned market
- Responsible for selling new services to new and existing customers
- Responsible for identifying market trends and competitive rate actions and communicating those trends to the Product Group
- Responsible for identifying, targeting, qualifying, and quantifying for TSA purposes and securing cargo commitments with directed sales involvement that meet and exceed the business plan forecast
- Exercises discretion and independent judgment by developing, engaging and maintaining a short and long-term forecast and marketing plan
- Responsible for assisting and facilitating in the preparation of regional RFQ's and bids
- Responsible for identifying the competitive service strengths and weaknesses of the company and making recommendations to constantly improve
- Responsible for reviewing and reporting monthly performance
- Responsible for understanding Agility pricing and cost components
- Responsible for other duties including: sales presentations, writing sales proposing, implementation, creating and adding to existing marketing materials
- Performs other duties as assigned by management
- 5+ years of applicable experience in sales highly preferred
- Bachelors Degree in Business or related field or equivalent experience required
- Experience in industry with sales and business development required
- Ocean and Air freight sales experience highly preferred
- Knowledge of transportation and logistics industry required
- Miller Heiman sales training highly preferred
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; both written and verbal
- Strong relationship building and negotiation skills
- Detail oriented with strong planning, organizational, project management and analytical skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to sell customers with sales presentations
- Ability to work under pressure
- Accustomed to working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
English is the principal language for this position. This position requires good written and verbal communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively in a diverse multicultural environment.
Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office, Excel, PowerPoint, and other technical software is required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to walk and use hand and eye coordination. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The employee must be able to travel over 50% of the time and drive a vehicle.
WORK HOURS AND ENVIRONMENT
Normal working hours for this position are Monday - Friday from 8:30 AM to 5:30 PM, however, overtime will often be required.
STATEMENT OF NON-INCLUSIVITY:
This job description is not to be construed as a complete listing of the duties and responsibilities that may be given to any employee. The duties and responsibilities outlined in this position may be added to or changed when deemed appropriate and necessary by the person who is managerially responsible for this position.