The Human Resources Coordinator will support and administer company policies, procedures and best practices that meet or exceed compliance requirements under multiple provincial and federal guidelines. This individual will report into the National Human Resources Manager and will support the HR & Payroll team to help ensure total alignment and transactional consistencies. Establish and maintain working relationships with internal/external customers and vendor contacts. This role will maintain responsibility for the HRIS (Human Resources Information System) - ADP Workforce Now, supporting and coordinating with all members of the team. He/she will have the opportunity to further develop in areas that establish and strengthen the ability to provide optimal service, guidance and support to our client groups.
Primary job duties and responsibilities are as follows:
- Manage & maintain the approved Job Description Dictionary to include legal and regulatory compliance updates
- Timely and accurate submissions and updates of data into the Human Resources Information System - ADP Workforce Now
- Collection and maintenance of employee records and files
- Support an inviting and collaborate culture and work environment
- Partner with internal/external team to support the maintenance and troubleshooting of the Employee Self Service portals and HRIS systems
- Support internal advertising and education around the resources and functionalities found within the Agility Connection site (company intranet)
- Process vendor bills and invoice
- Help coordinate team meetings, capture minutes and provide up to date information for the team
- Ensure all lead players who have a role within the system changes or updates are operating within the same approved workflows and procedures
- Maintain Employee file(s), filing, support the collection of new hire paperwork and file maintain at 100% compliance
- Audit HRIS systems for data accuracy amongst all systems
- Maintain standard and form letter library and HR share drive
- Support all internal HR audit and compliance requirements
- Lead all Reward & Recognition programs and administer years of service award programs
- Employee Self Service Site administrator, maintain and update company programs
- Collect, complete, send and file all electronic and written internal employee change notices and forms within the team
- Act as the liaison for HR/Payroll working towards aligned process that support synergy within the teams efforts towards continuous improvement, and high performance initiative
- Support new hire and on-boarding initiatives and best practices
- Schedule/Administrator of New Hire Orientation/ 30 day/ 60 day/ 90 day follow up
- Activate approved job postings, support extension of offer letter, job description
- Responsible for the on-going maintenance of Org charts
- Assists with other projects as assigned by Management
All Education and Experience requirements comply with provincial human rights legislation.
Education and Experience include:
- Minimum five (5) years' experience in Human Resources generalist activities
- Both a team builder and a team player
- Must work well under pressure as a self-starter, handling multiple tasks - ability to work across many accounts, projects, and/or issues and prioritize effectively
- Internally motivated, self-starter with ability to plan, organize, and establish priorities to meet goals and achieve results
- Good interpersonal skills required
- Post Secondary Degree
- Basic computer knowledge (e.g. MS Word / Excel / Outlook)
- Knowledge of Skillport/Percipio and ADP Workforce Now an asset
- CHRP Designation or working towards
English is the principal language for this position. This position requires good written and verbal communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively and professionally in a diverse multicultural environment.
Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office, Strong Excel skills, PowerPoint, the ability to create tool guides as a resource is a plus. HRIS systems required and a basic knowledge of ADP WFN, and/or other payroll systems a plus.
These physical demands are representative of the physical requirements necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the Human Resources Coordinators job. Reasonable accommodation can be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the described essential functions of the Human Resources Coordinators job.
WORK HOURS AND ENVIRONMENT
Normal working hours for this position are Monday - Friday from 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM. Extended hours may be required based on the needs of the business.
STATEMENT OF NON-INCLUSIVITY
This job description is not to be construed as a complete listing of the duties and responsibilities that may be given to any employee. The duties and responsibilities outlined in this position may be added to or changed when deemed appropriate and necessary by the person who is managerially responsible for this position.
At this time, we are considering only local candidates who are able to work without employer sponsorship. No agencies or phone calls, please. Only those candidates whose experience best meets our requirements will be contacted.
Agility welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.