This position will provide professional project management support to Penske Logistics Human Resources projects, focused on enterprise-wide initiatives that will benefit both corporate and field associates. This will involve partnership with both field and corporate resources to create solutions.
As our work in Human Resources gets more complex and our associate population grows, effective project management and communication is critical to the success of this work. In addition to the traditional project management function, this role will be focused on the communication aspects of projects including developing communications in the tone, manner and structure that aligns to the associate communication framework.
- Manage the full life cycle of projects including planning, analysis, design/development, execution, monitoring and control.
- Collaborate with and lead process owners to evaluate operational and customer requirements.
- Consult with senior leadership and propose expanded initiatives that align with existing work that will better meet the needs of the organization.
- Identify, design, and implement automated solutions where appropriate.
- Present final recommendations and project outcomes to leadership.
- Institute measures to monitor processes.
- Collaborate with peer project managers from other departments where appropriate in order to create consistencies in project management processes and applications.
- Other work/tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree required, preferably in the Human Resource Management or Organizational Development and Change fields of study.
- Certification in related project management curriculum is preferred.
- 3-5 years of HR generalist experience is preferred.
- Proven management of programs and policies is required; formal training in this area is preferred.
- Experience facilitating and leading meetings, workouts, workshops, and brainstorming exercises is required.
- Extremely strong oral and written communication skills.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel, Power Point, and Word required; experience with project management platform is preferred.
- Ability to work efficiently and independently with strong attention to detail and prioritization is required.
- Willingness to travel as necessary, work the hours necessary to accomplish the job duties, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening.
-The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
-Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Logistics
Penske Logistics is a wholly owned subsidiary of Penske Truck Leasing. With operations in North America, South America, Europe and Asia, Penske Logistics provides supply chain management and logistics services to leading companies around the world. Penske Logistics delivers value through its design, planning and execution in transportation, warehousing and freight management. Visit www.PenskeLogistics.com to learn more.