Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
The purpose of this position is to provide technical expertise, project management and leadership in the design and delivery of bearing assembly as well as automation solutions for bearing manufacturing and bearing assembly processes.
Project management: Utilize project management tools for of bearing assembly and automation solutions including project and resource planning and corrective actions when necessary to assure timely completion.
- Plan, coordinate and drive bearing assembly work for a project of moderate scope or for a significant portion of a major and diverse project.
- Plan, coordinate and drive bearing process automation or assembly automation work for a project or process of moderate scope or for a significant portion of a major and diverse project.
- Manage and coordinate projects proposals, implementation, training, mentoring leaders/teams, communication, KPI tracking, results accountability and cross-plant benchmarking. Maintain strong technical relationships with peers and vendors.
- Accountable for project implementation and on-time/within budget delivery of a defined set of business plan objectives that positively impact business metrics.
Capital Projects: Develop and implement investment proposals to support Timken's business initiatives in the area of bearing assembly and automation projects. This includes business case development, submission of Appropriation Requests (AR's), forecasting expenditure, cost tracking and timely completion of projects within the approved budget.
- Manage and coordinate project selection, development of professional project proposals including all necessary justifications and supporting documentation.
- Develop new equipment specifications and manage build of new assets and cells. Support new equipment installations from concept to equipment runoff and production start-up.
- Assist in developing electrical/control/automation/material handling specifications for new capital equipment purchases. Communicate and validate technical requirements with equipment suppliers.
Manufacturing CI: Support continuous improvement projects throughout the global business related to assembly, automated manufacturing and automated assembly processes to increase throughput, improve quality, reduce costs, and enhance safety, etc. Analyze and benchmark alternatives and conduct cost comparisons. Work with manufacturing plants to identify opportunities and provide recommendations.
- Participate in developing and implementing continuous improvement solutions on a variety of bearing assembly, automation and manufacturing equipment.
- Provide continuous improvement support through hardware and software modifications to electrical/control systems on manufacturing equipment.
- Develop, implement, improve and maintain new and existing manufacturing processes throughout the plant. This could include modifications of processes, operating procedures, tooling and work holding (etc.) and would require documentation of any recommendations, standard operating procedures, training materials and preventative maintenance procedures as well as potential rollouts and implementations.
- Assist in maintaining, upgrading, and troubleshooting network communications problems between various control systems and with the local MES system.
- Provide support and service to manufacturing plants in assembly, automated manufacturing and assembly processes, robotic handling, vision-based detection/measurement and process control on a timely basis.
- Help resolve routine maintenance procedures and routine tasks. Utilize basic troubleshooting skills to provide accurate and appropriate solutions as quickly and safely as possible to minimize asset downtime.
- Identify and correct safety and ergonomic problem areas to insure a safe and productive work environment.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Mechanical or Electrical Engineering Bachelor's Degree from a four-year college or university with 4 plus years of overall experience of which 2 or more years recent experience in assembly and automation
- US Citizenship or Green Card
- Willingness to travel approximately 30%
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.