Timken Gears and Services' Philadelphia Gear brand has a current opening for an Analytical Engineer position. The Analytical Engineer provides design calculations and analysis for gear drives used in Industrial and Marine applications. Primary responsibilities will be to configure gear arrangement, select and analyze gears and bearings for enclosed gear drives in various applications. Gear types will include helical, spur, bevel, worm and planetary drives. The Analytical Engineer will perform detailed analysis for gear drives which will include gear rating, roller and hydrodynamic bearing analysis, stress and vibration analysis using classical and FEA methods.
- Select and configure gear drives and prepare gear specifications for new enclosed drives and aftermarket applications.
- Select and analyze ball, roller or hydrodynamic bearings for gear drives.
- Perform lateral critical speed and torsional vibration analysis for rotating components and systems.
- Perform stress analysis using classical and finite element methods for gear drive components.
- Develop reports and present results of analysis.
- Provide technical support to Customer Service, Field Service and Operations teams across the network
Technical/ Functional Skills:
- Experience in Industrial or Marine gear drive application and design
- Experience with gear drive rating methods and standards per AGMA, API and MIL specifications
- Proficiency with analytical techniques including FEA and classical methods
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Powerpoint and CAD software.
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering required
- Minimum 2 years' experience in structural and stress analysis
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.