Air Freight Pricing Specialist
Air Freight Pricing Specialist
Join the excitement of a dynamic company that leads the logistics industry with a worldwide range of logistics services. For 90 years, DACHSER USA has provided intelligent logistics services and now employs over 30,600 people worldwide in 399 locations globally.
DACHSER USA is currently seeking a motivated Air Freight Pricing Specialist. This position will be located in our Elk Grove Village, IL office. This position supports the national performance and results of the Air product for DACHER USA's Air and Sea Logistics Division.
Responsibilities of the position include:
- Supports DACHSER USA to excellent air product performance in profitability, processes, efficiencies, quality and customer satisfaction.
- Negotiates rates with airline partners.
- Provides Network pricing to overseas and US offices with best and most aggressive rates.
- Captures Network quotes into Dachser's Quotation tool.
- Assists with Tenders/RFQ's.
- Coordinates the pricing and strategic business development coordination for global and key accounts (tender management support).
- Supports. operational excellence by reviewing, evaluating and implementing procedures and processes throughout the USA offices.
- Assists with daily Ad-hoc quotes.
- Follows up with quoted quotes (within the follow up date).
- Works with local and corp sales to negotiate rates.
- Supports and works with inside sales and outside sales team to achieve competitive rates to gain business.
- Works closely with GATEWAYs to ensure that the rates are set up and in place according to the routing.
- Assures Air product goals/targets, guidelines and commitments are met and followed within the USA region.
- Promotes the gateway operation in the USA region.
- Maintains and develops preferred Airfreight carriers' relationship and support.
- Represents the USA in the core carrier program.
- Supports and enforces effective Air product procedures in the USA.
- Ensures regulatory compliance (AES, TSA, Export licensing).
- Enforces corporate compliance to company directives, including preferred air carrier program.
- Provides Sales guidance and training in the Air product when needed.
- Provides support and guidance for all domestic transportation requirements on pricing, set up and operational requirements.
- Participates in market development and trend analysis for the USA region.
- Suggests adjustment of policies as required based on market trends and development.
Requirements of the position include:
- Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent related work experience.
- 7 years of business related experience with 5 years in a management or leadership role.
- Keen knowledge of Air transportation processes and procedures, as well as excellent understanding of international transportation and logistics operations.
- Stellar analytical skills with the ability to process and understand large quantities of data.
- Strong negotiation and presentation skills with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Results driven with a passion for Quality.
- Performs well under stress and with tight deadlines.
- Team player with the desire and ability to work closely with other functional disciplines.
- Proficiency in Windows programs, specifically Word and Excel.
DACHSER USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a drug-free workplace.