1st Shift, Monday – Friday, 8:00am – 5:00pm
Logistics done differently.
Join XPO Logistics, a company named among the most admired in the world by Fortune and one of America's best employers by Forbes. At XPO, we are constantly looking for ways to improve, enhance and adapt in an ever-changing marketplace. As the Senior Operations Project Manager, you will support the development and drive change to implement an automated environment. Become a part of our growing, dynamic team and we'll help you develop to a level that will exceed your expectations.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and more.
What you'll do on a typical day:
- Utilize your understanding of all aspects of building new sites to effectively and efficiently implement an automated distribution environment
- Conceptualize a future state in relatable terms to site operations teams and executive leaders
- Serve as a culture change agent for the use of standard work at all levels of the organization
- Manage multiple projects to ensure the overall progress of XOS deployment program in terms of stated goals, targets and KPIs are met
- Frequently interact with and build and maintain a strong, trusting relationship with client
- Report site deployment and project execution progress using standard reporting templates
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you'll need:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work or military experience
- 2 years of experience in a distribution center environment, supply chain management or a related field
- Experience leading large scale, multi-site and/or multi-regional transformational supply chain projects
- Experience with Lean tools such as value stream mapping, 5S, standard work and 5 Why Analysis
- Experience with analytical tools such as flowcharts, Pareto charts, cause and effect diagrams and run charts
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
It'd be great if you also have:
- Lean Expert and/or Six Sigma Blackbelt certified, Lean Master
- Warehouse automation implementation experience
- Strong change management and skills
- Excellent customer service/client relation skills
- Database system knowledge
- In-depth understanding of third-party logistics systems including warehouse management and order management systems
- Availability to travel occasionally
Be part of something big.
XPO is a leading provider of cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the most successful companies in the world. We help our customers manage their goods most efficiently using our technology and services. Our greatest strength is our global team - energetic, innovative people of all experience levels and talents who make XPO a great place to work.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
XPO adheres to CDC, OSHA and state and local requirements regarding COVID safety. All employees and visitors are expected to comply with XPO policies which are in place to safeguard our employees and customers.
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment may be required to take and pass a pre-employment drug test.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.