Operations Agent – Ocean Export
Operations Agent – Ocean Export
EMO Trans, Inc., a multinational, dynamic freight logistics company with approximately 400 employees and growing, has international offices, as well as offices in key US cities. Established in 1965, EMO Trans has grown to more than 30 U.S. offices and 250 network locations in over 120 countries around the world.
The Ocean Operations Agent – Export is responsible for the handling of all the ocean export files, including following the compliance guidelines that are in place, preparing quotes, and customer service.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Enthusiastic, positive and internally driven with a sense of urgency and "whatever-it-takes" attitude.
- Commitment to excellent customer service, in support of both external and internal customers, utilizing effective communication and follow-up skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a cross-functional team environment at all levels of the organization, or work independently with little or no supervision, to achieve results.
- Effective interpersonal skills that result in loyal, long-term customer relationships.
- Practical problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Ability to work under time constraints using time management and organization skills, adjusting priorities based on workload or direction from customer or management.
- Handle day-to-day air and ocean export shipments.
- Prepare quotes for customers and agents; negotiate rates with carriers; coordinate shipping arrangements.
- Pre-alert agent and shipper; organize and prepare documentation for customers; follow up with steamship lines; maintain daily reports for pending shipments as required.
- Ensure all required documents are received; send final documents as needed.
- File AES and other required documentation to process export shipments.
- Arrange pick-ups, deliveries and container loading as required.
- Maintain customer service updates, including tracking cargo from origin to final destination.
- Handle foreign-to-foreign and cross-trade shipments.
- Set up billing and payables.
- Support and maintain the Quality System (ISO) by working closely with management, sales and/or operations to ensure goals and objectives are met with regard to the function(s) of this position.
- Ensure adherence to procedures for any issues of non-conformance that could or do directly affect the success of the Quality System.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of freight forwarding with focus on air and ocean export operations.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office, with proficiency in Excel, Word and Outlook; freight forwarding software.
- 1-3 years' experience in international logistics operations.
- 2 -3 years customer service experience
- Minimum high school diploma or GED.
- Candidates must be legally eligible to work in the US.
- Medical-including Health Savings Account and Health Reimbursement Accounts
- Dental plan
- Life & AD&D
- Long Term Disability
- Company matching 401(k) and Roth K Plans
- Two weeks' vacation, sick and personal time, floating holidays
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
EMO Trans Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against because of race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, disability, marital status, veterans' status or the presence of non-job related medical condition or disability or any other legally prohibited statute in compliance with Federal and State equal employment opportunity laws.