The position is responsible for repairing & maintaining production equipment, motors, electrical control system, pumps, air compressor, mechanical and hydraulic presses, and other machines used in the manufacturing/distribution facility. This position reports to a supervisor/manager. As a Maintenance Technician, you may be asked to work hours outside of your normal shift as we run a 24 hour / 7 days a week for maintenance. Please be advised that this will be on one of our off shifts yet to be determined.
Summary of Responsibility:
- Perform routine preventative maintenance to ensure that machines continue to run smoothly.
- Inspect, operate, and/or test machinery or equipment to diagnose machine malfunctions.
- Diagnose mechanical problems and determine how to correct them, checking blue prints, repair manuals, or parts catalogs as necessary.
- Assemble, install or repair wiring, electrical or electronic components, pipe systems, plumbing, machinery, or equipment.
- Inspect, repair and/or replace equipment parts. I.E. - drives, motors, belts, check fluid levels, replace filters, or perform other maintenance actions
- Safely operate switching procedures on high voltage circuits, high frequency motor generator unions, maintain circuit breakers, repair and maintain batteries and chargers. (Sites Review)
- Perform inspections of equipment
- Cleans and lubricates shafts, bearing, gears, or other parts of machinery.
- Reports to management any irregularities in quality and on equipment needing repair, malfunctioning safety devices maintenance, or adjustments.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education, Experience and Skills Required:
- Must have minimum high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must have 2-5 years of experience.
- Must be able to troubleshoot and problem-solve.
- Working knowledge with variable frequency drives Voltage/High and Low Voltage
- Technical skills relating to hydraulics, pneumatics, PLC, mechanical, electrical, preventative maintenance and troubleshooting skills.
- Must be able to maintain manufacturing and/or distribution equipment to insure zero downtime and be able to make recommendations or improvements.
- Must be able to successfully take and pass a background check, physical, and drug screen.
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.