Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
The team member will be responsible for maintenance and repair of various types of equipment, facility systems and other tasks routinely performed by maintenance department team. These tasks vary from day to day including non-standard work; troubleshooting systems, preventive, corrective maintenance of production equipment, facilities tasks, and project work. This work will be assigned and completed on both a routine shift basis but may require overtime and weekend work as deemed necessary.
Essential Job Duties:
- Plan, lay-out, and perform a wide variety of process efficiency, ergonomic, and safety improvements, general maintenance, and fabrication in all plant production areas.
- Must be knowledgeable in and practice all safety procedures, quality procedures, and company policies.
- Must be a hands-on self-starter and work well with Tech Team members, as well as work closely with and take direction from Department and Plant leadership.
- Work with and troubleshoot pneumatic systems including assembly automation, air compressors, dryers, and filtering equipment.
- Understand equipment safety interlocks and guarding and be able to fabricate, modify and repair in according to plant safety program and OSHA requirements.
- Work with and troubleshoot hydraulics including presses, assembly machines, and pumps. Be able to complete repairs and modifications as needed.
- Operate functions based on drawings, blueprints, schematics, sketches, specifications, tables, charts, wiring diagrams, work orders, job plans and manuals.
- Work with all phases of preventive maintenance, control systems, and instrumentation. Basic Electrical/Electronic and PLC knowledge is desired.
- Diagnose, troubleshoot, disassemble, replace work on defective parts, and reassemble; operate, check, and make corrections and adjustments.
- Set-up and operate typical machine tools, i.e. lathe, milling, boring, and surface grinders together with standard attachments to lay-out and perform regular machine operations on replacement parts and fixtures.
- Use considerable judgment to construct special purpose machines, equipment, or guards from sketches, drawings, with ability to safely alter available machines to facilitate work according to accepted safety standards.
- Lay-out and build complete fluid power systems of complex design. Diagnose trouble, making corrections and repairs.
- Ability to weld and work safely with a variety of hand and power tools and the ability to operate forklift, skyjack and other maintenance equipment and material handling equipment is essential.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience:
High school diploma plus broad trade knowledge, equivalent to training received in a formal apprentice program or equivalent experience of at least 5 years. Use of complicated drawings and specifications; applied mathematics; wide variety of precision measuring instruments. Experience as a trainer a plus.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
The ability to qualify for Forklift license and Valid Driver's License required.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and complete necessary production forms. Ability to speak effectively with fellow employees and/or customers.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, schedule, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several variables; problem solving ability.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, sit, use hands/arms. The employee is regularly required to talk, hear at conversational level, and smell. The employee is occasionally required to walk, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift/move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift/move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift/move up to 50 pounds. Moving/lifting greater than 50 pounds requires assistance from another employee or a lifting device/hoist. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, outside weather conditions, and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to extreme heat and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Required Personal Protective Equipment
Employee is required to wear proper safety eyewear, hearing protection, and steel-toed shoes at all times while on the plant floor.
The Timken Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All associates and applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law. For additional information please visit our website
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.