Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Service Engineers provide a competitive advantage by being a recognized & valued customer resource. This Service Engineer is located remotely within the assigned territory in Ohio and West Virginia.
This position is responsible for providing service engineering support, in concert with our Sales organization, to Timken customers. The Service Engineer works closely with Timken application engineering and bearing production, repair, and service facilities to provide Timken Value to all of our customers, including OEMs, Distributor partners, and End Users.
- Create and Maintain Strong Relationships by developing and executing a customer call plan for joint and individual customer visits.
- Create Actionable Value by resolving customer issues as a technical consultant, understanding customer problems and identifying new solutions.
- Perform root cause bearing damage analyses.
- Promote Timken Brand Reputation by Delivering technical customer training.
- Deliver technical Timken product presentations.
- Assist Sales with driving growth of our products and services through lead discovery, promoting products, Timken repair services, etc.
- Bachelor's degree required (Engineering major preferred; Business or similar major accepted with evidence of technical aptitude).
- At least 4 years of experience working with industrial customers to diagnose and solve commercial and technical issues.
- Experience with damage and failure analysis of mechanical systems is preferred.
- Level of role will be dependent upon years/level of experience and education.
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.