Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Purpose & Scope:
This position is responsible for all electrical engineering activities at Bucyrus Bearing Plant, which includes troubleshooting and improving all manufacturing processes. These activities are expected to improve safety, quality, delivery and cost at the plant.
- Provide daily engineering support for problems related to manufacturing, quality control, and continuous improvement.
- Identify, participate in, and lead key electrical/electronic related projects. - Work with maintenance to improve year-over-year equipment uptime and efficiency.
- Serve as electrical engineering lead on various equipment and process capital projects.
- Modify or redesign existing equipment to improve productivity, quality, and delivery.
- Work with suppliers to obtain quotes on projects, assistance on troubleshooting, and acquisition of replacement parts.
- Investigate and recommend new technology for improving maintenance, quality, and equipment reliability.
- Create project proposals and assist with justification of continuous improvement projects.
- Write operation and maintenance procedures, as well as training manuals, as needed.
- Minimum requirement ofElectrical Technician with 12+ years of electrical exp. or Bachelor of Electrical Engineering with 5+ years of experience
- Minimum 5 years experience in Electrical/Electronic work using general elecitrical electrical problem solving
- PLC & CNC Programming, HMI, VFD, Robotics. Familiarity with allen-bradley and Modicon preferred, but not required.
- 2D/Print/schematic reading and design
- Diagnostics, repair, specification of CNC controllers, machine PLCs, and machine controls in general
- Drafting software such as Unigraphics, Autocad, CCDM
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office - Word, Excel, Access, Project, Powerpoint
- Familiarity with OSHA, NFPA, NEC, as well as other safety regulations and codes
- Basic understanding of Lean Principals and Concepts
Required Personal Protective Equipment:
- Standard factory equipment is required for this position, such as hearing protection in required areas of the facility, eye protection and EH rated safety toed shoes, and hand protection (gloves) may be required.
- Arc Flash protective equipment is required by the levels determined by Arc Flash analysis and EH&S.
- Lock out/Tagout compliance.
- Requirements for job tasks not yet identified may have additional PPE requirements as prescribed by EHS.
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.