Previously known as HD Supply - Construction & Industrial and now known as White Cap Supply Holdings, Inc., we are made up of three distinct businesses called White Cap, Contractors' Warehouse and Brafasco:
- WHITE CAP is the nation's leading distributor of specialty hardware, tools, safety supplies, concrete accessories and materials for professional contractors.
- BRAFASCO is an industrial distributor in Canada specializing in fasteners, safety supplies and tools.
- CONTRACTORS WAREHOUSE (formerly known as Home Improvement Solutions) offers remodeling and construction supplies to contractors and trade professionals through local retail outlets.
With customer-facing locations across the U.S. and Canada, White Cap Supply Holdings is a leading distributor of specialty concrete and construction products and services in North America serving professional contractors across non-residential, residential and other markets.
White Cap Supply Holdings is headquartered in Norcross, GA, and has approximately 269 locations across 39 U.S. States and six Canadian provinces. Approximately 5,600 associates provide support for more than 200,000 customers annually.
White Cap Supply Holdings provides specialty concrete and construction products serving professional concrete contractors and self-performing general contractors, as well as all professional contractors who require power tools and accessories, safety equipment, and fastening products in non-residential, residential and other markets.
In addition to value-add services, White Cap Supply Holdings offers a portfolio of 400,000 SKUs that include concrete accessories and chemicals, engineered materials and fastening systems, steel products, tools and equipment, building envelope, safety and consumables, and wood products.
White Cap Supply Holdings is commonly referred to simply as White Cap.
Job Description & Qualifications
Responsible for assisting with counter sales and customer service
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- Receives, researches, and answers customer questions regarding accounts, products, rates and services offered, via telephone or in person.
- Engages with both counter customers and phone customers to fully identify needs, respond to inquiries or questions, and offer timely solutions.
- Processes orders, quotes prices, enters orders into the system and provides order information to customers. Pull orders as required.
- Communicates product features, benefits, and warranty policy information to customers.
- Demonstrates knowledge of products and their applications (provides technical advice, troubleshoots, and helps resolve customers' problems).
- Upsells by identifying related products, add-on extensions and making customers aware of product promotions.
- Ensures merchandise displays are stocked and clean.
- May perform other duties as assigned
Nature and Scope
- Refers complex, unusual problems to supervisor.
- Under general supervision, exercises some judgment in accordance with well-defined policies, procedures, and techniques. Work typically involves regular review of output by a senior coworker or supervisor.
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Education and Experience
- HS Diploma or GED strongly preferred. Specialized skills training/certification may be required. Generally 2-5 years of experience in area of responsibility.
Preferred Qualifications & Job Specific Details
- Demonstrated success providing excellent customer service.
- Experience using sales order computer software, familiarity with Eclipse preferred.
- Knowledge of HD Supply construction and industrial products.
Job Locations US-NJ-Parsippany
Posted Date 1 month ago (12/28/2020 9:11 AM)
Job ID 2020-40876
Business Unit Construction Industrial WC
Functional Area Sales
Remote Position? No
Position Type Full-Time
White Cap is an Equal Opportunity Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veteran and Affirmative Action Employer. White Cap considers for employment and hires qualified candidates without regard to age, race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, protected veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law.