Today, with our current team members, we have the strength to help you grow in any career direction you want, whether in our stores, distribution centers, manufacturing facilities or our Midwest corporate offices. It's your future, maybe it starts with Meijer.
Please review the job profile below and apply today!
Dispatches drivers in the most cost efficient way while ensuring on-time deliveries and compliance with applicable Federal and State regulations..
What You'll be Doing:
- Dispatch drivers within hours of service limitations while ensuring on time performance.
- Monitor building lineups.
- Track trailer movements.
- Ensure on-time performance for store deliveries and backhauls.
- Monitor yard status.
- Ensure compliance with all DOT regulations which includes hazardous materials, hours of service, drug and alcohol program, driver physical and license issues, vehicle maintenance and driver vehicle inspection reports.
- Assist with accident investigations.
- Interpret and follow union contract.
- This job profile is not meant to be all inclusive of the responsibilities of this position; may perform other duties as assigned or required.
What You Bring with You (Qualifications):
- High school graduate.
- 2 years of experience in Logistics.
- Previous dispatching experience.
- Execute proper beginning and end of shift processes.
- Knowledge of the Federal Motor Carrier Safety regulations, HazMat regulations and individual state size and weight regulations.
- Familiar with geography of the region.
- Ability to re-align driver schedules to facilitate high priority load dispatches while maintaining existing load demands.
- Proven organization and multi-tasking skills.
- PC skills including PeopleNet, Excel, Word, and exposure to electronic logs and dispatching software.
- Ability to work in a team environment and independently.
- Solid communication skills including both written and verbal.
- Available to work 2nd or 3rd shift, and on weekends and holidays.