1st Shift, Monday - Friday, 7:00am - 4:30pm
Logistics done differently.
Transport Topics ranked XPO Logistics #1 in North America, and Forbes named us one of America's best employers. At XPO, we're constantly looking for talented individuals at all levels who can deliver the caliber of service our company requires. As the Maintenance Manager, you will maintain the smooth and efficient operation of all equipment areas, ensuring the building and facilities are in proper condition. You will also perform maintenance for all required certifications/licenses of the building and equipment for the site. Become a part of our dynamic team, and we'll help you develop your career to a level that will exceed your expectations.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and more.
What you'll do on a typical day:
- Perform and/or schedule the preventive maintenance and repairs of all facility and operations equipment in a timely fashion; collect machine maintenance records
- Act as a technical manager skilled in electronics, mechanical conveyor repair and lift truck systems; maintain extensive knowledge of the Distribution Center (DC) layout and flow of product
- Provide guidance and direction to department managers and maintenance department employees in the areas of customer service, safety, expense control, electronics and mechanical conveyor repair
- Communicate with management regarding ongoing projects; coordinate the maintenance and repair of the entire DC and all equipment in the building, including conveyors, Material Handling Equipment (MHE), and electrical, fire and security systems
- Serve as the primary authority on repair and maintenance, and manage personnel assigned to technical and maintenance positions
- Monitor and maintain all facility equipment purchase orders, work orders and invoices
- Oversee contractor services and bids for HVAC, janitorial, waste removal and recycling, PIT maintenance and repair, elevator inspections and repair, pest control, and annual service on scales, packaging machines and tech support for conveyors
- Establish goals, policies and standard operating procedures for the maintenance department; train, supervise, evaluate, discipline and recommend the termination of employees within established policy guidelines
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you'll need:
- 4 years of hands-on repair experience with an emphasis on distribution or manufacturing
- Experience with warehouse management or inventory systems; experience working in an ISO environment
- Experience with electrical motor controls, pneumatic and hydraulic systems and controls, Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS), Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs) and operator interfaces, lighting and power distribution, HVAC systems and controls, and preventative maintenance and repair of conveyor systems
- Familiarity with generator and emergency power systems, Ethernet, Devicenet and RS232 communications; ability to troubleshoot computer network/driver connectivity problems
- The aptitude to perform semi-complex mathematical operations involving percentages and time variables
It'd be great if you also have:
- Bachelor's degree in a related field
- 6 years of experience in a supervisory or management role
- Experience with multiple manufacturers' equipment
- PLC knowledge
This job requires the ability to:
- Lift objects of various shapes and sizes up to 25 lbs. Frequently, and up to 50 lbs. occasionally
- Stand, sit or walk for long periods of time -
- Walk, reach (including above your head) and climb
- Bend, stoop, squat, twist, push and pull
- Tolerate hot or cold warehouse environments
Be part of something big.
XPO is a leading provider of cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the most successful companies in the world. We help our customers manage their goods most efficiently using our technology and services. Our greatest strength is our global team - energetic, innovative people of all experience levels and talents who make XPO a great place to work.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
XPO adheres to CDC, OSHA and state and local requirements regarding COVID safety. All employees and visitors are expected to comply with XPO policies which are in place to safeguard our employees and customers.
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment may be required to take and pass a pre-employment drug test.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.