Previously known as HD Supply - Construction & Industrial and now known as White Cap Supply Holdings, Inc., we are made up of three distinct businesses called White Cap, Contractors' Warehouse and Brafasco:
- WHITE CAP is the nation's leading distributor of specialty hardware, tools, safety supplies, concrete accessories and materials for professional contractors.
- BRAFASCO is an industrial distributor in Canada specializing in fasteners, safety supplies and tools.
- CONTRACTORS WAREHOUSE (formerly known as Home Improvement Solutions) offers remodeling and construction supplies to contractors and trade professionals through local retail outlets.
With customer-facing locations across the U.S. and Canada, White Cap Supply Holdings is a leading distributor of specialty concrete and construction products and services in North America serving professional contractors across non-residential, residential and other markets.
White Cap Supply Holdings is headquartered in Norcross, GA, and has approximately 269 locations across 39 U.S. States and six Canadian provinces. Approximately 5,600 associates provide support for more than 200,000 customers annually.
White Cap Supply Holdings provides specialty concrete and construction products serving professional concrete contractors and self-performing general contractors, as well as all professional contractors who require power tools and accessories, safety equipment, and fastening products in non-residential, residential and other markets.
In addition to value-add services, White Cap Supply Holdings offers a portfolio of 400,000 SKUs that include concrete accessories and chemicals, engineered materials and fastening systems, steel products, tools and equipment, building envelope, safety and consumables, and wood products.
White Cap Supply Holdings is commonly referred to simply as White Cap.
Job Description & Qualifications
Responsible for growing the business by developing sales and ensuring that customers receive the highest level of service possible. Ensure that pricing and contracts are consistently, accurately, and ethically administered in a timely manner.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- Establishes and achieves sales growth and profit objectives through the development, implementation, and monitoring of an annual sales plan.
- Develops and implements strategies to maintain and/or expand sales volume and profit margin within the assigned customer base.
- Prepares a plan for each account to identify the customer's short- and long-term needs, as well as outlining specific goals to meet those needs.
- Contacts established and prospective customers to solicit orders. Primary means of contact is via telephone, though management may require face-to-face customer contact in some cases.
- Answers questions about products, prices, and durability. Prepares estimates and bids to meet specific needs of customer.
- Maintains a current and accurate base of product knowledge and applies that knowledge when servicing customers.
- Serves as point of contact for escalating issues or activities that the customer encounters during product implementation/utilization. Expedites the resolution of customer problems/complaints.
- Assists the Credit Department in obtaining information that enables the company to minimize risks associated with the extension of credit to customers. Engages in and supports collection efforts on past due amounts owed by a customer.
Nature and Scope
- Demonstrates skill in data analysis techniques by resolving missing/incomplete information and inconsistencies/anomalies in more complex research/data.
- Nature of work requires increasing independence; receives guidance only on unusual, complex problems or issues. Work review typically involves periodic review of output by a supervisor and/or direct customers of the process.
- May provide general guidance/direction to or train junior level support or professional personnel.
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Conditions could produce mild discomfort on occasion.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds in a physical environment. Ability to stand for periods of time up to and exceeding 60 minutes. Ability to make repetitive movements, such as using a 10-key or calculator, bending, or squatting.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Education and Experience
- Typically requires BS/BA in a related discipline. Generally 2-5 years of experience in a related field OR MS/MA and generally 2-4 years of experience in a related field. Certification is required in some areas.
Preferred Qualifications & Job Specific Details
- 2-3 years prior sales or telesales account management experience.
- Experience with sales contracts, conducting sales calls and closing sales.
- Must have a valid Drivers License and acceptable motor vehicle record to meet carrier requirements.
Job Locations US-TX-Houston
Posted Date 2 months ago (12/29/2020 2:34 PM)
Job ID 2020-39470
Business Unit Construction Industrial WC
Functional Area Sales
Remote Position? No
Position Type Full-Time
White Cap is an Equal Opportunity Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veteran and Affirmative Action Employer. White Cap considers for employment and hires qualified candidates without regard to age, race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, protected veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law.