Warehouse Team Lead
Warehouse Team Lead
Leads team in receipt of incoming and shipping of outgoing freight.
Moves inventory, loads/unloads ocean containers, sorts, and verifies freight.
Assists supervisor/manager in planning and coordinating daily warehouse activities.
Ensures inventory control, processes, quality assurance, and customer service are maintained.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Completes all records and reports in a timely and efficient manner.
- Directs and develops team members to achieve and maintain high productivity and accuracy.
- Assists supervisor/manager on special customer requests and investigation of customer complaints to ensure they are properly handled and resolved.
- Resolves problems when receiving/shipping issues arise.
- Maintains safety standards and warehouse cleanliness.
- Works with supervisor in enforcing policy, procedures, and work instructions.
- Trains new hires and new temporary associates on weekly/monthly basis.
- Assists manager with semi-annual customer inventory.
- Completes monthly inventory of all supplies.
- Handles day to day shipping and receiving tasks.
- Directs activities and job duties according to the supervisor's or manager's instructions.
- Leads personnel by setting the standard and example of excellence in execution.
- Unloads inbound shipments including verification of product count, assurance of no existing damage, and completion of required paperwork, utilizing the required Warehouse Management System (WMS), and putting material away into designated locations. Must be able to scan products in and out of location.
- Retrieves material from locations, loads outbound shipments including verification of product count, assurance of no existing damage, and completion of required paperwork, utilizing the required WMS.
- Assures inventory accuracy and adheres to customer quality programs, including specialized Noatum Logistics accounts that require absolute control of loading material receipts. Must be able to identify and escalate problems or questions.
- Trailer inspections, housekeeping, cycle counting, forklift inspections and other assigned tasks.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 1-2 years relevant work experience
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience with material handling equipment
- Ability to operate and train others on all material handling equipment
- Forklift certification required, with 2-3 years forklift driving experience
- Ability to lift up to 75 lbs. and ability to stand and walk up to 8 hours per day
- RF/WMS experience
- SAP experience
- CargoWise experience
- Crating experience
- Hazardous material experience
- Knowledge and experience in spreadsheets and databases applications (Excel and Word)
- Ability to work overtime hours when needed
Noatum Logistics USA Overview
To serve the surging demands of our customers worldwide, Noatum Logistics is enhancing our global supply chain capabilities. Join our growing team of professionals as we strengthen and expand our core international supply chain services. We are a growing global logistics company with exciting career opportunities in international forwarding, supply chain management, technology, business development, and many other areas. With operations in Europe, Asia, North Africa, North America, and South America, Noatum Logistics provides you significant opportunities to enhance your career. As you gain experience, develop new skills, and take on greater responsibilities, Noatum Logistics offers you the opportunity to grow with us.
Along with our global network partners, we provide services in and between all major international trade lanes. With the support of our thousands of logistics professionals, this infrastructure can deliver seamless end-to-end supply chain solutions around the world. We firmly believe we have the best talent in the industry working on our accounts. Noatum Logistics employees understand that customer service is our top priority and our service is at its best when built on a relationship of trust and a thorough understanding of our customers' business.
To learn more about Noatum Logistics USA: www.miq.com, www.noatumlogistics.com.