Global Import Export Compliance Manager
Madison, Wisconsin Area
Job Description: Occupy the number one role and have oversight of all Trade Compliance related functions for the business.
• Oversee Import and Export Compliance and the development of the company Trade Compliance Program through the establishment of SOP's.
• Responsible for the Importer Self-Assessment Program
• Provide training on imports, exports and customs matters
• Work with overseas offices and manufacturing sites
• Coordinate with Customs Brokers and Logistics Providers to establish SOP's for efficiency and for customs best practices.
• Look for areas of process improvement in Import Compliance Operations
• Manage NAFTA(USMCA) program and other FTA's for the business
• Oversee internal audits and assessments
• Handle HTS classification and Certificate of Origin
• Oversee outside Brokers and coordinate customs clearance for shipments
• Oversee and manage the Trade Compliance team, and provide support and training
• Monitor CTPAT compliance and certification
7 to 10 years of Customs Compliance experience
Bachelor's Degree (Required)
Experience with freight forwarding operations
Licensed Customs Broker (required)
Strong knowledge of US HTS Classification
Strong working knowledge of US Customs Law and Regulations
Understanding of international freight forwarding and supply chain operations.
Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
This is a partial job description. To learn more please send your MS Word version resume to: Nicole Benker at: email@example.com
As Director of Talent Acquisition, I specialize in Trade Compliance, Logistics and Global Supply Chain placements. Tyler Search is an Executive Search firm dedicated to the Global Trade community specializing in all levels of Import/Export Compliance as well as Supply Chain Management and International Logistics.