Logistics done differently.
Are you looking for the next step in building your career? If you're up to the challenge of working for a global company and ready to deliver the big deals — there's only one place that's growing fast enough to keep up with your ambition: XPO Logistics. As the National Account Manager, your focus will be on acquiring new clients while increasing the profitability of existing customers. Become a part of our growing, dynamic team and we'll help you develop to a level that will exceed your expectations.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and more.
What you'll do on a typical day:
- Develop leads to build a sales pipeline; work strategically within an assigned set of accounts
- Grow profitable revenue within existing customers, while placing a strong emphasis on new customers
- Effectively and consistently document all required customer activity in Salesforce.com
- Participate in assigned conferences
- Develop and execute a field sales business plan
- Conduct price and service negotiations with clients
- Manage expenses within the assigned budget and submit expenses in a timely manner with the proper documentation
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you'll need:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent related work or military experience
- 5 years of experience in sales
It'd be great if you also have:
- 7 years of experience in transportation or logistics
- Availability to travel up to 50% of the time
- Experience in North American transportation services such as truckload, brokerage, intermodal, drayage, global forwarding, expedite or managed transportation
- Sales experience with a proven track record of successfully delivering annual sales results around revenue and gross margin targets
- Success in large account development, business development and sales management
- A strong drive to acquire new business
Be part of something big.
XPO is a leading provider of cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the most successful companies in the world. We help our customers manage their goods most efficiently using our technology and services. Our greatest strength is our global team - energetic, innovative people of all experience levels and talents who make XPO a great place to work.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
XPO adheres to CDC, OSHA and state and local requirements regarding COVID safety. All employees and visitors are expected to comply with XPO policies which are in place to safeguard our employees and customers.
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment may be required to take and pass a pre-employment drug test.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.