Craftsperson - Moldmaker (2nd Shift)
Craftsperson - Moldmaker (2nd Shift)
B. Braun is hiring for a Craftsperson - Moldmaker on 2nd shift. A base pay rate of $34.95/hour, plus shift differential, sign-on bonus, and other bonuses are available for the right candidate.
About B. Braun
B. Braun Medical Inc., a leader in infusion therapy and pain management, develops, manufactures, and markets innovative medical products and services to the healthcare industry. Other key product areas include nutrition, pharmacy admixture and compounding, ostomy and wound care, and dialysis. The company is committed to eliminating preventable treatment errors and enhancing patient, clinician and environmental safety. B. Braun Medical is headquartered in Bethlehem, Pa., and is part of the B. Braun Group of Companies in the U.S., which includes B. Braun Interventional Systems, Aesculap® and CAPS®.
Globally, the B. Braun Group of Companies employs more than 61,000 employees in 64 countries. Guided by its Sharing Expertise® philosophy, B. Braun continuously exchanges knowledge with customers, partners and clinicians to address the critical issues of improving care and lowering costs. To learn more about B. Braun Medical, visit www.BBraunUSA.com.
Performs all machining functions of production and support equipment in the assigned areas. Work includes manufacture of assembly machine components, tooling, fixtures, and jigs. All work is to be performed in such a manner as to ensure good workmanship with minimum delay. This position is responsible for performing all duties involving the layout, construction, alteration, and repair of injection molds.
Responsibilities: Essential Duties
- Performs all machining functions of production and support equipment in assigned areas.
- Work includes manufacture of assembly machine components, tooling, fixtures and jigs.
- All work is to be performed in such a manner as to ensure good workmanship with minimum delay.
- Responsible for performing all duties involving layout, construction, alteration and repair of injection molds.
- Must demonstrate knowledge of the field's policies, procedures and practices.
- Senior position may act as a team leader to ensure that the work meets agreed targets by directly overseeing work team members.
- Will become the subject matter expert at higher levels of job.
- Documents activities accordingly.
The job function listed is not exhaustive and shall also include any responsibilities as assigned by the Supervisor from time to time.
Expertise: Knowledge & Skills
- Required to apply advanced working knowledge of technical field/area of specialization. Exercises general application of principles, theories and concepts, and proposes a course of action. Performs advance shop floor competencies.
- Works under general supervision. May periodically assist in orienting, training, assigning & checking the work of other peers.
- May require some limited judgement in resolving problems.
- Contacts are primarily with department supervisors, leads, subordinates, and peers. Frequent contact with external contractors/vendors.
Expertise: Qualifications -Education/Experience/Training/Etc.
- High school diploma/G.E.D required, Associate's or technical degree preferred.
- 05-08 years related experience OR PBS requirements completed and pass assessment at appropriate level.
- Applicable industry/professional certification required.
- Regular and predictable on-site attendance
- Ability to work non-standard schedule as needed
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
Salary: $34.95 per hour
B. Braun offers an excellent benefits package, which includes healthcare, a 401(k) plan, and tuition reimbursement. To learn more about B. Braun and our safety healthcare products or view a listing of our employment opportunities, please visit us on the internet.
Through its "Sharing Expertise®" initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and services.