Join our leadership team and help drive the continued growth of HD Supply! Reporting to a Transportation Operations Manager, you will lead, coach and develop a team of 3 Driver Leads and approximately 40+ dedicated fleet Drivers. You will create strategies for route efficiencies, on-time delivery and ensure the continued safety performance. You will start your day between 4 and 6 am.
- Bachelor's degree is a plus but not required.
- Prior experience leading a large team of non-union associates in a fast paced warehouse/distribution environment.
- Expertise on DOT policies and procedures.
- Hazmat knowledge is plus.
- SAP or similar ERP experience/knowledge preferred.
- Decartes or similar transportation software experience.
- MS Office Suite, MS Excel for reporting purposes
- Must have excellent written and oral presentation.
- Solid proven history of making strides in employee engagement.
Other perks of joining HD Supply are:
- Comprehensive benefits plan on first day (Medical, Dental, Vision).
- Generous Paid Time Off benefits.
- Advancement Opportunity with Fortune 500 company.
- Annual Bonus Eligibility
HD Supply (www.hdsupply.com) is one of the largest industrial distributors in North America. The company provides a broad range of products and value-add services to approximately 500,000 customers with leadership positions in maintenance, repair and operations, water infrastructure and residential and non-residential construction sectors. Through approximately 500 locations across 48 states and six Canadian provinces, the company's approximately 14,000 associates provide localized, customer-driven services including jobsite delivery, will call or direct-ship options, diversified logistics and innovative solutions that contribute to its customers' success. With an active commitment to the communities in which we operate, HD Supply associates are part of a thriving organization that supports the virtues of wellness, diversity and inclusion - all of which are top priorities for the company. Equally as important is empowering our associates to grow professionally while providing competitive benefits and compensation. If you're ready to find a rewarding career and achieve your full potential with a growing industry leader, HD Supply is ready for you!
Job Description & Qualifications
Direct and coordinate the dedicated delivery operations at the distribution center, including direct supervision of the delivery drivers, route management, DOT and HazMat compliance, and fleet maintenance. This position requires operation of a Company Vehicle or a Personal Vehicle and such operation is done consistently more than 20% of the average work week. If selected for this position, HD Supply will run a Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) report. A requirement of this position is an acceptable MVR report.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- Leads, directs and trains the delivery driver team.
- Ensures compliance with all safety, hazmat and DOT requirements.
- Manages routes to ensure the most cost efficient delivery operations.
- Oversees and performs routine vehicle inspection and maintains proper records.
- Coaches and develops delivery drivers, including accompanying drivers on routes for evaluation purposes. Nature and Scope
- Experience provides solutions.
- Ensure that work is performed consistently with HD Supply policies and procedures.
- Leads a group or team of support, craft, or lower level professional associates. Work Environment
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs in a physical environment. Ability to stand for periods of time up to and exceeding 60 minutes. Ability to make repetitive movements including, but not limited to, using a 10-key or calculator, bending or squatting.
- Typically in a comfortable environment but with regular exposure to factors such as temperature extremes, moving machinery, loud noise, and fumes, which may cause noticeable discomfort or a moderate risk of accident or illness.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time. Minimum Qualifications
- Must be eighteen years of age
- Must pass the Drug Test
- Must pass the Background Check
- Must pass pre-employment tests if applicable Education and Experience
- Typically requires BS/BA in related discipline. Generally 5+ years experience in related field. May require certification. Advanced degree may offset less experience in some disciplines.
Job Locations US-WA-Seattle
Posted Date 2 weeks ago (2/12/2021 4:13 PM)
Job ID 2021-41538
Business Unit Facilities Maintenance
Functional Area Transportation
Remote Position? No
Position Type Full-Time
Posting Location : Postal Code 98107
HD Supply is an Equal Opportunity Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veteran and Affirmative Action Employer. HD Supply considers for employment and hires qualified candidates without regard to age, race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, protected veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law.