Logistics done differently.
You're excited by the challenge of connecting with clients, building relationships and seizing opportunities. As a Local Account Executive at XPO Logistics, you'll act as a champion for customers, working to provide them with the most efficient and cost-effective solutions. You'll find yourself immersed in a forward-thinking environment fueled by achievement and a tenacious team spirit. We'll give you the support you need to excel at work, and the resources to build a career that will exceed your expectations.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and the opportunity to participate in a company incentive plan.
What you'll do on a typical day:
- Conduct daily face-to-face customer visits to drive sales increases and support local sales in national and strategic accounts
- Grow share of wallet within existing customer base, gain share of wallet from new customers and grow overall market share within your assigned territory
- Negotiate contracts and pricing with customers
- Facilitate the networking of Directors of Sales/Operations, Service Center Managers and Supervisors with the customer
- Collaborate with Customer Support Specialists, Customer Service Representatives and other sales support staff to ensure effective administrative support and customer satisfaction
- Develop relationships vertically and horizontally within customer organizations
- Share market and sales status with local service center; describe future business opportunities for local employees
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you'll need:
- Bachelor's degree, 4 years of related work experience or equivalent military experience
- 1 year of direct business-to-business selling experience supporting both local and national sales efforts
- Experience with Microsoft Office (PowerPoint)
- Experience working with enterprise Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tools
- Availability and flexibility to work evenings and some weekends as needed
It'd be great if you also have:
- 2 years of direct business-to-business selling experience supporting both local and national sales efforts
- Experience working in Salesforce.com
- Proven track record of success in sales, customer relations and in collaborating across multiple business units
- Competitive nature with a hunter mentality and a strong desire to win
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong time management and organizational skills with the ability to be productive in a variety of work environments
- Ability to understand competitor strategies, products and pricing patterns
Be part of something big.
XPO is a leading provider of cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the most successful companies in the world. We help our customers manage their goods most efficiently using our technology and services. Our greatest strength is our global team - energetic, innovative people of all experience levels and talents who make XPO a great place to work.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
XPO adheres to CDC, OSHA and state and local requirements regarding COVID safety. All employees and visitors are expected to comply with XPO policies which are in place to safeguard our employees and customers.
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment may be required to take and pass a pre-employment drug test.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.