Penske Logistics is looking for warehouse associates to become part of an excellent team. This is a great opportunity for individuals who are safety conscious and have a pleasant, outgoing attitude who want to excel in a warehouse environment.
This warehouse does grocery case picking in primarily 3 environments: dry, freezer, and fridge. It is a cold storage environment that is fast-paced and requires some heavy lifting. We are hiring for loaders on 2 nd Shift. The 2 nd Shift schedule is Thursday - Monday and Friday-Tuesday from 1:30 pm - EOP (End of Production). The starting pay is rate is $16.00 per hour plus a $1.00 shift differential.
The loader is responsible for loading the pallets of orders picked by the order selectors onto the correct truck in a safe and efficient manner. Previous warehouse experience required, preferably with food/groceries in a cold storage environment. Loading experience preferred. Experience with a rider pallet jack preferred. Must be able to work in a fast-paced warehousing operation.
- Warehouse experience required, preferably with food/groceries in a cold storage environment.
- Loading experience preferred
- Rider pallet jack experience preferred
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Proficient reading skills and ability to follow directions required
- Must be detail-oriented and able to work in a fast-paced warehousing operation
- Ability to work independently, customer service, dealing with others, multi-tasking skills, organizational skills, flexible, excellent with numbers and time management skills required
- Basic computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook required (where applicable by location)
- Flexible to work overtime preferred
- Ability to work in non-climate-controlled conditions required
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
- Willingness to work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening required.
This position is designated as safety sensitive by the company, and the ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner is required. Associates must have the ability to accept responsibility for their own safety, as well as the safety of others.
- The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The associate will be required to remember and understand certain instructions, guidelines or other information.
- The associate must be able to see and verbally communicate.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate will be required to move frequently, stand, walk, and sit.
- The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms.
- The associate must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 50lbs/23kg and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100lbs/45kg.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Logistics
Penske Logistics is a wholly owned subsidiary of Penske Truck Leasing. With operations in North America, South America, Europe and Asia, Penske Logistics provides supply chain management and logistics services to leading companies around the world. Penske Logistics delivers value through its design, planning and execution in transportation, warehousing and freight management. Visit www.PenskeLogistics.com to learn more.