Scheduling, shipping, and tracking of all customer sales orders through strong customer service oriented skills, an excellence sense of organization, strategic planning, and keen attention to detail. Monitoring transportation and warehouse processing of orders using software systems specifically designed to manage logistical functions. Ensuring accurate and timely issue of shipping documents to the warehouse for shipments of customer orders to meet delivery timelines.
- Ensures that all shipping deadlines are met and orders are delivered to customers in a timely fashion.
- Serves as POC for the client fulfilment leaders and managers, client logistics team, warehouse shipping team, Account management team as well as other internal and external collaborators.
- Processes customer shipments as per the Incoterms.
- Coordinates routing of domestic sales orders as well as the delivery schedules and preparing accurate bills of lading and airway bills
- Coordinates international shipments schedule in collaboration with the logistics team and warehouse to ensure proper documents are processed and applied to each order prior to shipping
- Reviewing and issuing all required export documentation prior to releasing them from our facility, i.e.: airway bills, bill of lading, HAWB, MAWB, invoices, packing lists.
- Closing out shipments in the warehouse management system
- Updating shipments as required on customer dashboard as well as organization's tracking system.
- Track and analyze mis-shipments to ensure they don't occur again and address and resolve any issues with delayed shipments.
- Reports any problems, issues, and losses to the account manager.
- Liaise with customer assigned forwarders to ensure timely pick up of shipments.
- Communicate with van lines and couriers to ensure prompt pick-up and delivery of shipments
- Arrange same-day deliveries whenever required
- Schedule returns of materials based on sourcing instructions or supplier RMA/ RGA as needed.
- Respond to customer inquiries and refer clients to the appropriate channels
- Assist client with product selection and pricing to improve transportation routes.
- Coordinate and arrange for packaging of Hazardous materials and schedule shipments accordingly.
- Adhere to all relevant rules and regulations and maintain KPIs
- Utilizing logistics IT to optimize shipping and transport procedures
- Coordinate logistics staff (e.g. truck drivers) according to availabilities and requirements
- Assist with reports for upper management as needed.
- Associates Degree (Bachelor's degree preferred)
- Knowledge of Incoterms preferred
- Understanding of Export compliance a plus
- Knowledge of Hazmat DOT regulations a plus
- 2+ years' experience in customer service or logistics industry
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment
English is the principal language for this position. This position requires good written and verbal communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively in a diverse multicultural environment.
Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office, Excel, PowerPoint, and other technical software is required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to walk and use hand and eye coordination. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work Hours and Environment
Normal working hours for this position are Monday - Friday from 8:30 AM to 5:30 PM, however, overtime may often be required.
Statement of Non-Inclusivity
This job description is not to be construed as a complete listing of the duties and responsibilities that may be given to any employee. The duties and responsibilities outlined in this position may be added to or changed when deemed appropriate and necessary by the person who is managerially responsible for this position