USABlueBook is the recognized source of products and technical support for professional water and wastewater operators. As the company founded by utility operators, for utility operators. It is our goal to remain the industry's top technical and customer service leader.
USABlueBook (www.usabluebook.com) is a division of HD Supply.
More About USABlueBook
USABlueBook was founded in 1991 when a certified operator, realizing there was no single-source supplier to meet all of this product needs, decided to start a company that would do just that. It was his dedication to providing exceptional service and support to water and wastewater operators everywhere that made USABlueBook what it is today. As we continue to expand, our main goal stays the same - to make sure that all of our customers " Get the Best Treatment !"
Job Description & Qualifications
Responsible for building product and/or service solutions specific to customer needs. Secures new sales and retention of specialized products and solutions using technical product and brand knowledge.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities, and Key Accountabilities
- Assists in the design, development, and testing of new products, solutions, and services to meet customer needs and reduce pain points and sales growth barriers.
- Educates and trains internal associates on customers, products, regulatory requirements, and industry trends through presentations, seminars, and training sessions.
- Works effectively with internal support departments to identify and cultivate sales to new and existing customers. Generates new business and ensures growth of existing accounts.
- Provides technical training to customers and communicates customer feedback for future product developments.
- Meets regularly with customers to understand their evolving needs and position product solutions to meet surfaced needs.
- Assesses application of company products or services and offers solutions that meet customer requirements.
- Attends trade shows, customer-related events, national account meetings, and other events to promote product and brand understanding and awareness.
- Serves as a subject matter expert on products and the industry.
Nature and Scope
- Identifies key barriers/core problems and applies problem solving skills in order to deal creatively with complex situations. Troubleshoots and resolves complex problems. Makes decisions under conditions of uncertainty, sometimes with incomplete information, that produce effective end results.
- Independently performs assignments with instruction limited to the expected results. Determines and develops an approach to solutions. Receives technical guidance only on unusual or complex problems or issues.
- May oversee the completion of projects and assignments, including planning, assigning, monitoring and reviewing progress and accuracy of work, evaluating results, etc. Contributes to employees' professional development but does not have hiring or firing authority.
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Education and Experience
- Typically requires BS/BA in a related discipline. Generally 5-8 years of experience in a related field OR MS/MA and generally 3-5 years of experience in a related field. Certification is required in some areas.
Preferred Qualifications & Job Specific Details
HD Supply/ USABlueBook is currently seeking a Product Specialist to provide support to our customers for our lab chemical/equipment and testing categories.
USABlueBook is the country's largest distributor of products for water and wastewater operations and maintenance. Begun in 1991 as a company started "by operators for operators" our unique culture continues to flourish in support of customers large and small across the nation. USABlueBook features a 1,862 page catalog with best-selling products from over 750 suppliers and stocks these in 5 warehouses across the country.
At USABlueBook we truly believe in providing our customers with "The Best Treatment" in everything we do. Every Team within our business views their work with the customer in mind. Do you want to be part of a team that has had year over year success and offers opportunities for personal and professional growth? Is the customer always the focus of your actions and activities in your role? If you do, this may just be the perfect place for you. www.usabluebook.com.
- Customer service experience.
- Industry and product experience.
- Technical background.
- Experience in equipment as related to the water/waste water industry preferred.
- 5+ years technical product experience in assigned product categories.
- Industry and product knowledge
Job Locations US-IL-Waukegan
Posted Date 1 week ago (2/18/2021 6:44 PM)
Job ID 2021-41719
Business Unit Facilities Maintenance
Functional Area Sales
Remote Position? No
Position Type Full-Time
Posting Location : Postal Code 60085
HD Supply is an Equal Opportunity Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veteran and Affirmative Action Employer. HD Supply considers for employment and hires qualified candidates without regard to age, race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, protected veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law.