Maintenance Team Lead
Maintenance Team Lead
- Monitor activity to promote a safe work environment.
- Monitor tasks and workflow to ensure that department priorities and goals are met.
- Provide task-related guidance and direction to associates.
- Assist Manager/Supervisor with daily assessing, planning and scheduling of workflow.
- Advise Manager/Supervisor of observable associate performance and behavior.
- Keep Manager/Supervisor informed of operational issues and/or problems.
- Conduct training for new associates as needed.
- Communicate with affected Managers/Supervisors and associates of work to be performed and/or status of equipment; perform necessary equipment adjustments, repairs, modifications or preventative maintenance as appropriate; Observe and/or test the adjustments, repairs or modifications to ensure safe operation; Notify affected Managers/Supervisors.
- Understand and demonstrate Essendants' Values
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Ability to perform all required tasks in the functions within the scope of Maintenance Associate 1, and Maintenance Associate 2
- CONVEYOR EXPERIENCE REQUIRED!
- Perform accountabilities and tasks of the function within established productivity requirements.
- Perform required tasks of function in accordance with applicable Standard Operating Procedures, rules or established processes.
- Perform accountabilities and tasks of the function within established quality guidelines and expectations.
- Run required equipment in a safe and controlled manner, i.e. Taylor Dunn, Material Handling Equipment, forklift, etc.
- Utilize appropriate technology in an effective manner in performance of the function.
- Obtain tools and materials required to perform the role.
- Perform all tasks in a safe manner, following all safety rules and guidelines.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area and assist with housekeeping of the facility/work area.
- Assist and/or help out in other Distribution Center functions as required.
- Must be able to follow verbal and written instructions in English.
- Must possess solid math and analytical/problem solving skills; Organizational prioritization skills.
- Ability to apply specialized skill training to make decisions and recommendations.
- Experience with Microsoft Excel, Word and CAD systems
- High School diploma or GED equivalent required.
- Certifications: Electrical, HVAC, Plumbing, Conveyor, Fork Lift Repair
- Minimum five years general maintenance experience required.
- Warehouse/Distribution-related experience preferred.