Our business is growing! Penske Logistics is looking for Warehouse Associates to become part of an excellent team servicing the nation's largest grocery store chain. This is a great opportunity for individuals who are safety conscious and have a pleasant and outgoing attitude who want to excel in a warehouse environment.
Our 3rd Shift Warehouse Workers receive a competitive hourly rate of pay of $19.00 per hour first year PLUS earn $3.00 - $11.00 per hour performance bonus!
$1000 Sign on Bonus:
- $300 after 30 days
- $200 after 60 days
- $500 after 90 days
$1000.00 Performance/Safety bonus after 6 months.
Our associates also enjoy PTO, Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, 401K with company match and numerous Associate Discounts!
If you're able to do heavy lifting in a cold storage environment - apply today!
The Warehouse Worker - Order Selector will assemble and select cases from pick slots for store orders in an accurate, efficient, productive manner and assemble orders onto pallets using voice activated computers and pallet jacks.
Please be aware that this warehouse work is conducted in a cold storage facility, and requires leather shoes or boots to be worn.
We are currently hiring for:
3rd Shift (11:55p - 8:25a), with weekends required. First 8 weeks of training will be from 9:30 pm - 6:00 am.
• Read work orders or receive oral instructions to determine work assignments and material and equipment needs.
• Electronically scan products using a warehouse management system and voice-activated computers.
• Repetitively stack cardboard boxes and pallets.
• Repetitively pick perishable goods in refrigerated and/or frozen rooms.
• Move materials within the warehouse using an electric walkie pallet jack.
• Accurately assemble customer orders from stock and place orders on pallets
• Accurately stage and sort products for loading.
• Electric walkie Pallet jacks will be used to transport product within the warehouse.
• Other responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor
• Ability to work in a cold storage warehouse environment with -20 degrees to 55 degrees temperature for long periods of time is required.
• Must be able to work varied schedule including weekends.
• Flexible to work overtime as needed.
• Ability to follow directions, and basic math skills required.
• At least 1 year of warehousing or material-handling experience preferred
• Prior experience using electric pallet jack equipment preferred.
• Recent heavy lifting preferred.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Ability to pay close attention to details and meet deadlines.
• Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
• Completion of Penske employment application, submission to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening is required.
This position is designated as safety sensitive by the company, and the ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner is required. Associates must have the ability to accept responsibility for their own safety, as well as the safety of others.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to reach, bend, twist, stoop and lift up to and including 0 - 30 lbs frequently and are required to lift more than 50 lbs occasionally.
- Ability to work in spaces with 55 inches of headroom
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the associate is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, talk and hear.
- The associate is frequently required to use hands to handle products and reach with hands and arms.
- The associate must be able to see and verbally communicate.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Logistics
Penske Logistics is a wholly owned subsidiary of Penske Truck Leasing. With operations in North America, South America, Europe and Asia, Penske Logistics provides supply chain management and logistics services to leading companies around the world. Penske Logistics delivers value through its design, planning and execution in transportation, warehousing and freight management. Visit www.PenskeLogistics.com to learn more.