Penske Logistics is looking for an Inventory Clerk to become part of an excellent team servicing Schnucks grocery store chain at our distribution warehouse in St. Louis, Missouri. This is a great opportunity for individuals who are safety conscious and have a pleasant and outgoing attitude who want to excel in a warehouse environment.
Employees under this job title generally work checking in trailer loads of product received from vendors and/or backhauls. Checkers are required to direct trailers to receiving doors through security receiving clerks and oversee the unloading of vendor goods onto the dock. Once the goods are unloaded, the checker verifies case counts and notes deficiencies against receiving paperwork.
- Attend daily pre-shift meetings.
- Proceed to assigned area (dock doors).
- Verify WIN screen to paperwork and dock doors for trailers
- Check for scratched product and aging of trailers in doors.
- Communicate with lumper service and/or management for any problems needing attention.
- Contact Guardhouse receiving clerks for status of loads (trailers) needing door assignments, scratches, etc.
- Meet with truck drivers to get paperwork.
- Meet with lumper service unloading trailers at assigned dock doors
- Check product as received on dock.
- Check and record temps of cases from front, middle and rear of trailer.
- Note description of cases.
- Measure cases and TiHi of product.
- Note integrity of pallet.
- Direct lumpers to re-stack/re-wrap if necessary.
- Tag and scan pallet of product into system.
- Tag dropped trailers as empty and change dock lock status.
- Notify guards to get pulled.
- Open and/or close dock doors as necessary.
- Take finished paperwork to driver with case count.
- Ensure sanitation of assigned areas.
- Report damaged/suspicious trailers to dock supervisor for disposition.
- Work with Quality Assurance to expedite rejected trailers.
- All other tasks as assigned by supervisor.
Knowledge, Skills, and ability requirements: (Essential functions are marked with an E)
- Read, write, understand, and speak English E
- Must have knowledge of computers and ability to learn WIN
- Must use handheld computer/scanners E
- Ability to read measuring devices - tape measure E
- Ability to use thermometer E
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job.
- Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required.
Physical Requirements and working conditions: (Essential functions are marked with an E)
- The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Standing, scanning frequently and for prolonged periods (anywhere from 8-12 Hours). E
- Manual dexterity to manipulate tools of job. E
- Near visual acuity/good hearing required. E
- Ability to work in a temperature-controlled environment of 34 degrees Fahrenheit. E
- May be exposed to sub-freezing temperatures.
- Occasionally lifting of cases up to 80 lbs.
- The terms occasional, frequent, and continuous refer to 1-33% of the workday, 34-66% and 67-100% respectively.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Logistics
Penske Logistics is a wholly owned subsidiary of Penske Truck Leasing. With operations in North America, South America, Europe and Asia, Penske Logistics provides supply chain management and logistics services to leading companies around the world. Penske Logistics delivers value through its design, planning and execution in transportation, warehousing, and freight management. Visit www.PenskeLogistics.com to learn more.