Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Job Title: Reconditioning Inspection Associate
Description: Verify conformance of bearing components (cups and cones) through visual and dimensional inspection using measurement instruments such as electronic bench gaging, dial indicators, and feeler gages. Accept or reject parts according to industry and customer specifications. Perform minor repairs including buffing, de-burring, and grinding using hand held rotary tools. Maintain equipment and work stations through daily housekeeping and preventative maintenance activities.
Overall Purpose: Inspect and repair bearing components (cups and cones) in a safe manner, complaint with all requirements, while achieving delivery and productivity performance expectations.
- Verify conformance of bearing components through visual and dimensional inspection using measurement instruments such as electronic bench gaging, dial indicators, and feeler gages.
- Accept or reject parts according to industry and customer specifications.
- Perform minor repairs including buffing, de-burring, and grinding using hand held rotary tools.
- Identify defect types and record component information into data collection system.
- Ensure that standard procedures are followed in all aspects of work including equipment setup and operation, process verification, gauge setup, product inspection, documentation, material handling, etc.
- Perform preventative maintenance tasks to prevent equipment downtime.
- Participate in process improvement initiatives utilizing lean manufacturing tools and techniques.
- Document and communicate manufacturing performance issues to maintain continuity between shifts and decrease downtime.
- Act as a role model, coach and trainer for new associates to foster a team environment.
- Maintain work areas and equipment in a clean and orderly condition.
- Follow all safety rules and regulations.
- Support improvement projects and other duties as assigned.
Physical Demands & Frequency:
- Ability to stand for extended period of time.
- Ability to perform repetitive or short-cycle work
Frequent lifting, reaching, and handling
Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
Moderate twisting and bending.
Limited climbing on step stools or platforms.
Fine motor skills with frequent hand and arm movement.
Vision must be normal (20/20).Correctional lenses are acceptable.
Qualifications/Training: Candidates must demonstrate proficiency in math and reading, good written and verbal communication skills, and strong problem solving skills. Candidates shall successfully complete training program and applicable qualification requirements. New hires shall demonstrate satisfactory performance during new hire probationary period. Certification required to progress through position levels. Job rotation is required to maintain higher position levels.
Environmental Conditions: Loud manufacturing environment, exposure to metals, machine lubricants, rust preventative and other process chemicals, seasonal cold/heat.
Protective Clothing and Personal Devices: Safety glasses, safety gloves, safety shoes, hearing protection.