Started in 1933, Green Bay Packaging Inc. (GBP) is a privately family-owned , vertically integrated and diversified manufacturing company consisting of corrugated container converting plants, folding carton operations, recycled and virgin linerboard mills, pressure-sensitive label rollstock, specialty converting operations, timberlands, and a sawmill facility. Headquartered in Green Bay, Wisconsin, Green Bay Packaging Inc. employs more than 4,000 team members and operates over 30 facilities in 14 states each with a dedication to innovative development of its products and forestry resources, with a focus on safety, quality, sustainability, and continuous improvement. For more information about Green Bay Packaging Inc., visit www.gbp.com .
Green Bay Packaging Inc., Green Bay Mill Division is a fully-integrated paper mill that manufactures containerboard using 100% post-consumer recycled furnish. This family-owned mill is located near the mouth of the Fox River in Green Bay, Wisconsin. The operation consists of one paper machine responsible for the production of linerboard and medium paper used to manufacture corrugated boxes. We are currently in the construction phase of building a brand new state-of-the-art facility slated to start up Q1 2021. The new mill will be located on the same site as the existing mill.
Primary duties include safely performing a wide range of tasks that include operating or assisting in the operation of manufacturing machinery, conducting quality checks, and general plant operations. Specific tasks include:
- Responsible for operating material handling equipment including forklift and front-end loader.
- Assisting in plant maintenance operations including cleaning and maintenance.
- Communicating effectively within the team.
- Accurately reading a tape measure to cut cores to measurements.
- Following procedures to conduct lab tests for quality checks.
- Ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner.
- Working knowledge of hand tools, power tools, and precision measuring instruments.
- Ability to work 12 hour rotating shifts (6 a.m. to 6 p.m. and 6 p.m. to 6 a.m.).
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team.
- Computer skills and analytical skills.
- Previous manufacturing experience in a rotating shift facility is a plus.
- High school or technical diploma or equivalent.
In addition to a competitive wage, we offer a comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental, life, 401(k), pension plan and access to an Employee Health & Wellness Clinic. Starting employees can earn up to $56,000 per year. #JiM-Post
Green Bay Packaging Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.