HD Supply (NASDAQ:HDS) (www.hdsupply.com) is one of the largest industrial distributors in North America. The company provides a broad range of products and value-add services to approximately 500,000 customers with leadership positions in maintenance, repair and operations and specialty construction sectors. Through approximately 260 locations across 36 states and six Canadian provinces, the company's approximately 11,000 associates provide localized, customer-driven services including jobsite delivery, will call or direct-ship options, diversified logistics and innovative solutions that contribute to its customers' success. With an active commitment to the communities in which we operate, HD Supply associates are part of a thriving organization that supports the virtues of wellness, diversity and inclusion - all of which are top priorities for the company. Equally as important is empowering our associates to grow professionally while providing competitive benefits and compensation. If you're ready to find a rewarding career and achieve your full potential with a growing industry leader, HD Supply is ready for you!
Job Description & Qualifications
Responsible for identifying and documenting opportunities to improve productivity, quality, and cost via data and process analysis and technology adoption. Supports the design and implementation of new supply chain systems across a regional network of distribution centers. Serves as a change agent to align internal and external partners to drive transformative initiatives. Identifies and recommends value added net new technology, quantifies value, and recommends adoption plan. Drives operational and continuous improvement while focusing on optimizing current and future DC processes.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- Generates actionable insights to drive data clean up, process improvement, compliance, improved technology utilization, or new technology adoption. Formulates strategy and execution recommendations required for successful supply chain systems adoption.
- Identifies, gathers, and synthesizes raw operational and supply chain data for analysis. Determines data and process anomalies, identifies root cause and recommends action plans for resolution.
- Supports enhanced technology utilization or net new technology adoption efforts through data analysis, process observation, and soliciting user feedback. Collaborates cross-functionally and with third party consultants to drive technology transformation initiatives.
- Provides training and problem resolution to internal and external customers to drive successful design, implementation, and sustainability of supply chain systems solutions.
- Develops decision support tools and financial models to analyze the cost/benefit tradeoffs of technology solutions.
- Collaborates with DC associates, management, senior leaders, and consultants to drive successful design, implementation, and sustainability of supply chain systems solutions.
- Documents business requirements, functional and system design, processes, and procedures.
- Performs data management through a combination of data mining, data modeling, data analysis, and/or problem analysis.
Nature and Scope
- Identifies key barriers/core problems and applies problem solving skills in order to deal creatively with complex situations. Troubleshoots and resolves complex problems. Makes decisions under conditions of uncertainty, sometimes with incomplete information, that produce effective end results.
- Independently performs assignments with instruction limited to the expected results. Determines and develops an approach to solutions. Receives technical guidance only on unusual or complex problems or issues.
- May oversee the completion of projects and assignments, including planning, assigning, monitoring and reviewing progress and accuracy of work, evaluating results, etc. Contributes to employees' professional development but does not have hiring or firing authority.
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Typically requires overnight travel 20% to 50% of the time.
Education and Experience
- Typically requires BS/BA in a related discipline. Generally 5-8 years of experience in a related field OR MS/MA and generally 3-5 years of experience in a related field. Certification is required in some areas.
Preferred Qualifications & Job Specific Details
- BS/BA degree in quantitative/analytical related discipline (Engineering, Supply Chain, Logistics, Business, Economics or Information Systems).
- Experience Leading, Managing, or Driving Improvement in a Distribution Warehouse Environment or Identifying and Driving Strategic Process Improvement
- Experience Designing Distribution Warehouses, Manufacturing Facilities, or Department/Process Layout and Re-Design
- Experience Executing Warehouse Design, Build, and Moves/Re-Locations
- Experience Operationalizing and/or Retrofitting Warehouses for New Systems, Technology, and Automation
- Experience Designing, Building, Testing, Implementing, Supporting, or Enhancing: SAP EWM, SAP WM, TMS, LMS, Last Mile Delivery Solutions, or Automation/Robotics
- Experience with SQL (data pulls, reporting development, scripts, etc.), Tableau, and Other Advanced Analytics and Visualization Platforms
- Desire to Work in a Fast Paced and Customer Oriented Environment Driving High Value and High Visibility Change and Transformation
Job Locations US-GA-Atlanta
Posted Date 6 months ago (8/31/2020 12:46 PM)
Job ID 2020-39155
Business Unit Facilities Maintenance
Functional Area Operations
Remote Position? No
Position Type Full-Time
Posting Location : Postal Code 30339
HD Supply is an Equal Opportunity Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veteran and Affirmative Action Employer. HD Supply considers for employment and hires qualified candidates without regard to age, race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, protected veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law.