This position is for local residents only.
Salson Logistics has been in business since 1960, and has continued to grow and thrive. SalSon is a strong, family-owned business committed to providing an unparalleled port to shelf logistics solutions for the nation's largest retailers.
Due to recent growth, we are currently expanding our Driver Recruiting Department and are seeking a Driver Recruiter. This is an excellent opportunity to advance your Logistics and Human Resources career in an exciting, fast-paced environment, with room for future growth.
This will be a Full Time, Office position based at our Corporate Office in Newark, NJ. This position will be paid a generous base salary plus commission.
- Screen and verify driver applications including FMCSA-DOT, MVRs, DAC, Employment Verifications and Criminal background checks
- Source/scout both company and Owner Operator driver models in assigned geographical region
- Handle inbound and outbound recruiting calls to driver applicants, representing the Company in a professional manner and addressing any/all questions
- Work closely with field management, and the Safety Department to create an organized, positive candidate experience
- Maintain accurate and organized files
- Explain the company's operating policy and safety standards and work with drivers or applicants who present issues
- Ensure all paperwork is completed correctly for proper processing
- Utilize multiple recruitments and social media sites
- Competitive weekly pay
- Dental, Health & Vision
- Paid Vacation
- Paid sick days
- Paid holidays
The Ideal Candidate will have:
- Bachelors degree in Business, Human Resources, or related field (or commensurate experience)
- 1 - 3 years experience in Driver Recruiting
- Working knowledge/proficiency in Tenstreet
- Familiarity/working knowledge of online driver recruitment sites and scouting avenues
- Knowledge of Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations (FMCSR)
- Knowledge of Department of Transportation (DOT)
- Ability to communicate effectively in a courteous and professional manner; written and verbal with internal and external customers
- Excellent organizational skills with a high level of detail
- Ability to work independently, in a fast-paced, high pressure, results-oriented environment
- Bi-lingual, Spanish/English is helpful
- Willingness to work outside of standard business hours as needed
We are a family owned and operated logistics company since 1960 and proudly serve some of the country's largest retailers and consumer brands. Our work hard, play hard approach is perfect for people who want to do important work and aren't afraid of a challenge. We offer logistics jobs – for truck drivers, analysts, IT professionals, engineers, salespeople and clerks – up and down the East Coast. Our strategically located Headquarters in Newark offers many New Jersey logistics jobs and career opportunities.
We place a heavy focus on investment - in our equipment, our infrastructure, and our people. We are always willing to do what it takes to be successful, and to help our team members achieve their goals. At the heart of our culture is an "open door" policy, where we encourage our people to express and exchange their ideas with all employees at all levels of the organization – including the executive leadership team. Through a fostered trust in one another's skills and abilities, our employees work together to reach company goals and objectives.