With operations spanning the globe, Lynden International provides complete coverage to most major world markets. We provide air and ocean freight forwarding, expedited ground freight services, customs brokerage, logistics and other specialized services like facility management, charters, reverse logistics and assembly and distribution. We are the proverbial “one-stop shop” for any transportation or shipping need. Lynden has achieved Logistics Management Magazine’s #1 ranking in Airfreight Forwarding for the second year in a row. We are looking for people to contribute to Lynden International’s overall customer experience success by effectively interacting and supporting our customers.
Works with operations team to effectively obtain, analyze and distribute information related to air carrier security, web access and regulatory training requirements. Maintains equipment maintenance and repair orders and reporting.
- Distribute and maintain documentation related to the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) Indirect Air Carrier Security Program (IACSSP) and Certified Cargo Screening Standard Security Program (CCSSSP).
- Respond to general requests and audits related to the IACSSP and CCSSSP from TSA and field personnel.
- Maintain accurate listings of corporate locations and authorized representatives on the TSA Indirect Air Carrier Management System (IACMS) and Veroot.
- Process Security Threat Assessments on the IACMS.
- Maintain access to TSA Known Shipper Management System (KSMS) and carrier web interfaces for field operation personnel.
- Primary point of contact for KSMS submissions.
- Maintain weekly equipment use updates (hours and miles) within Transportation Maintenance software.
- Enter and manage scheduled maintenance and repair orders associated with LINT equipment.
- Support operations on special projects related to freight movement or other corporate initiatives.
- Regular and predictable attendance is required.
- High school diploma/GED required. Two years college with emphasis in business or transportation and two years related work experience in transportation; or 4 year's related work experience preferred.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of air freight operations required.
- Skillful at working with others and within company and government regulations to problem solve.
- Good written and verbal communication skills to effectively.
- Experience responding to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies.
- Ability to calculate freight rates, including the effect of dimensional weight. Calculation of amounts such as percentages, volume and discounts.
- Familiarity with truck, forklift and trailer/container maintenance scheduling. Experience with maintence software, TSA or other government agencies a plus.
- Intermediate user of MS office products, must have experience working with and building Excel spreadsheets and Access.
- Able to work independently to meet deadlines and expectations.
- Demonstrate creativity and originality to accomplish desired results.
- This work is primarily accomplished working at a computer.
- Must be able to pass drug screen and background.
- Must be able to pass Security Threat Assessment under TSA regulations.
- Ability to possess and maintain a TSA Security Threat Assessment(STA) with a status of Passed, or a TSA recognized equivalent. TSA recognized equivalents include a Secure Identification Display Area (SIDA) badge, Commercial Driver's License(CDL) with Hazmat Endorsement issued within the 50 States or District of Columbia, the Transportation Worker Identification Card(TWIC), or Free and Secure Trade(FAST) card issued by U.S. Customs and Border Protection. STA's will be submitted by Lynden International upon job offer and renewed thereafter. Recognized equivalents must be current at time of application and successfully renewed by the applicant thereafter.