Pay starts at $16.07
2nd Shift, Monday - Friday, 2:00pm - 10:20pm
Logistics done differently.
Fortune named XPO Logistics among the most admired companies in the world, and we were listed by Forbes as one of America's best employers. As the Senior Custodian, you will be performing various important tasks to support the Maintenance Department. Your conscientious work ethic and attention to policies and procedures will help keep our equipment and shops in top working order, and safe for all employees. On our team, you'll have the support to excel at work and the resources to build a rewarding career.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and more.
What you'll do on a typical day:
- Perform general maintenance tasks, including general cleanup, rubbish removal, assessing tire inflation levels and checking the condition of company equipment
- Maintain shop cleanliness, safety and compliance
- Follow XPO policies and procedures
- Participate in company training programs
- Be accountable for prompt, daily attendance at assigned work location
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you'll need:
- Basic computer skills
- Availability to work a variety of shifts, including days, evenings, nights and weekends
It'd be great if you also have:
- ASE certifications, or working toward those certifications
- Mechanical and/or maintenance experience
- Experience and knowledge in general trailer repair
- Good verbal communication skills
This job requires the ability to:
- Lift objects of various shapes, sizes and weights (up to 50 lbs. frequently and greater than 75 lbs. occasionally)
- Safely walk and stand for extended periods of time in various locations that may be outside (in all weather conditions)
- Reach (including above your head), bend, climb, push, pull, twist, squat and kneel
Be part of something big.
XPO is a leading provider of cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the most successful companies in the world. We help our customers manage their goods most efficiently using our technology and services. Our greatest strength is our global team - energetic, innovative people of all experience levels and talents who make XPO a great place to work.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
XPO adheres to CDC, OSHA and state and local requirements regarding COVID safety. All employees and visitors are expected to comply with XPO policies which are in place to safeguard our employees and customers.
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment may be required to take and pass a pre-employment drug test.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.