This position is for local residents only.
Sorry, Visa / sponsorship not available.
Customs Broker per-approves customs clearances for import shipments. Provide information to resolve customer shipment related issues; interact with management and personnel to establish service criteria and meet customer requirements. Maintaining Customs Compliance.
- Ensure policies are maintained and effectively implemented, and current to evolving US requirements, local regulations and corporate polices/standards.
- Review and assist to make determinations on USHTS codes from products shipped internationally.
- Review documents for accuracy on importer's name and address, delivery address, pieces and weight, entry type code, bond code, location of goods, Customs classification, I.T. number and country of origin.
- Review the securing of a properly signed POA based on INCOTERMS.
- Work as a liaison between carriers, customs brokers, suppliers, etc. for import/export flows.
- Preparing and ensuring accurate and complete billing.
- Responding to and troubleshooting customer and import personnel issues.
- Licensed Customs House Broker
- Working knowledge of ACE system and all entry processes
- Working Knowledge of customs clearance for cars/vehicles is a plus.
- Demonstrate ability to develop and cultivate strong relationships with US customs, DEA, USDA, FDA, CDC, NHTSA, EPA and US Fish and Wildlife
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Communicate professionally via phone and e-mail with the above listed government agencies