Automotive Installation Technician
Join First Student as an Automotive Installation Technician. This exciting position will be part of a team performing tablet installations on over 40,000 school buses nationwide! The Installation Technician will need to be able to travel 75% of the time for 2 years, be a team player, and have a willingness to learn on the job.
Technicians will have the opportunity to earn bonus money of up to $10,000 (conditions apply) and be eligible for a full-time auto/diesel mechanic position at the end of the two-year project!
This position travels to locations across the U.S. – company will pay all travel costs, hotels, and meals during work.
First Student is proud to offer:
- Top hourly wages based on experience
- Excellent benefits packages including medical & dental, 401(k), paid holidays & vacation.
- Consistent year-round work
- ASE training and testing materials provided
- Opportunities for Advancement Nationwide! - Advance your career as Shop Manager, Region Maintenance Manager, or work in our Greyhound, First Transit, & First Vehicle Services divisions across North America!
- Ongoing training
Installation Technician Major Responsibilities:
- Have a general understanding of installation procedures as they apply to mobile computers, mobile radios, mounting components and peripherals as they apply to each project.
- Review and ensure the proper project and materials are received and installed
- Maintain daily work schedule as outlined
- Monitor inventory to ensure products are available, and contact proper department to arrange shipment of necessary items.
- Communicate regularly with management on the progress of the project and any problems encountered
- Maintain and review all documentation
- Remove and reinstall vehicle interiors to ensure all mounting components are properly installed and vehicle interior is left in the original condition.
Installation Technician Job Requirements:
- Graduate from technical school program preferred
- Knowledge and interest in vehicles and proper maintenance, repair, and installation practices
- Willing to learn and assist with auto/diesel vehicle maintenance
- Valid driver's license
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to travel 75% of the time over the next 2 years
- Subject to a drug test.
So, Who Are We?
We are First Student (A Division of FirstGroup America) – a leading provider of school transportation services. With over 50,000 Employees, operating 44,000 school buses in 39 U.S. States, we move more passengers per day than all U.S. Airlines combined.
Don't Wait! Apply Today!
FirstGroup is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. FirstGroup is also committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California, FirstGroup will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance.