Logistics done differently.
At XPO Logistics, we're constantly looking for ways to improve, enhance and adapt in an ever-changing marketplace. As the Lead Engineer, Software Engineering, you will provide technical leadership, including the design, development and delivery of business technology-enabled applications and shared services. This role drives proficiency within teams, provides resolution to technical issues, assures best practices are followed, and assists management in meeting strategic initiatives while contributing to smooth business operations. Join XPO, and we'll give you the support you need to excel at work and the resources to build a career that will exceed your expectations.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and the opportunity to participate in a company incentive plan.
What you'll do on a typical day:
- Lead a scrum team of 5-8 teammates across development, QA, and scrum management
- Develop web, web services and back-office applications using the Microsoft and open-source stack of technologies, including C#, .NET Core, AngularJS, Kafka, Couchbase, and Elasticsearch
- Create design and develop microservices leveraging open-source technologies including C#, .NET Core, AngularJS, RabbitMQ, Couchbase, and Elasticsearch etc.,
- Own the core development deliverables, including technical design, logical and physical design of the solution, coding, testing, and debugging
- Coordinate efforts with the development team, working on platform architectural implementation
- Take initiative in solving complex technical problems and recommend original solutions and design approaches to platform requirements, making decisions between competing solution
- Provide guidance on technical tasks, priorities and technical assistance when needed
- Work closely with the architect, to ensure conformance with the overall architectural guidelines
- Collaborate with scrum master and the team to estimate and plan work and provide status updates to stakeholders
- Create a close working relationship with product engineering teams to identify the pain points and provide better services
- Manages all aspects of coding for the team – branching, code review, ensure code reusability and maintainability with constant refactoring, collaboration with Enterprise Architecture team on standards and approaches. Ultimately accountable for the quality of the code for the project
- Mentor developers and helps resolve technical roadblocks; conduct collaborative code reviews and coordinates the deployment and implementation of software solutions; recognizes organizational/team challenges and addresses them with management
- Available for production application deployment and troubleshooting off hours and/or on an on-call basis
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you'll need:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or related technical field or equivalent related work or military experience
- 4 years of relevant software development experience including creating business applications and within a fast-paced software development environment.
- Experience working with, and enhancing, Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Development (CD) environments
- Hands on full stack development experience using C#, .NET Core, AngularJS, SQL & No SQL databases (SQL Server & Couchbase preferred) and Elastic Search
- Experience with authentication/authorization oAuth2, SAML, SSO, OpenID, IAM, 2FA, Active Directory and ADFS
- Experience working with API/Microservices and event driven architecture
- Experience designing, developing, securing and consuming web services
- Experience working on Docker, Kubernetes, or other container technologies
It'd be great if you also have:
- Experience working on Cloud Computing technology (GCP)
- Experience building highly available and fault tolerant enterprise software
- Demonstrable knowledge of multi-tiered, highly available, and resilient application design
- Strong project and time management skills with experience successfully multitasking and managing customer expectations
- Experience working with nontechnical end users to explain technical concepts
- Should have worked on Agile scrum or Kanban methodology
- Availability to perform 24/7 on-call duties on a rotational basis
Be part of something big.
XPO is a leading provider of cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the most successful companies in the world. We help our customers manage their goods most efficiently using our technology and services. Our greatest strength is our global team - energetic, innovative people of all experience levels and talents who make XPO a great place to work.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
XPO adheres to CDC, OSHA and state and local requirements regarding COVID safety. All employees and visitors are expected to comply with XPO policies which are in place to safeguard our employees and customers.
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment may be required to take and pass a pre-employment drug test.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.