Truck Mechanic / Mécanicien
Are you ready to progress your career as a mechanic? Our Mascouche division is looking for seasoned professionals who understand the mechanics of heavy duty diesel vehicles.
Why work at Transco? We care about the safety of our employees as much as that of our school children. That's why we are proud to offer you:
- $1000 Sign-on Bonus
- $18.11-$22.11 per hour based on experience!
- Paid training
- Full benefits package - Medical/Dental/RRSP Plan
- Outstanding career advancement opportunities across Canada & North America!
Truck Mechanic Major Responsibilities:
- Carry out periodic inspections with regard to safety, brakes and general mechanical maintenance of vehicles
- Complete work orders
- Respond to road repair service calls as needed
- Perform fault repairs as appropriate
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment
- Respect the rules on health and safety at work
- Ensure tools and equipment are in good condition
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the Shop Foreman.
Truck Mechanic Qualifications:
- Automotive or diesel vehicle repair experience; truck or school bus experience is helpful
- Diploma of Vocational Studies (DEP), Red Seal Certification, or PEP card an asset (certification in preventive maintenance of heavy trucks)
- Excellent knowledge of mechanical components of vehicles
- Ability to work with computers
- Team Player
- Valid driver's license
- Pre-employment background check is required
Transco is an equal opportunity employer by recruiting a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from women, people with disabilities, Aboriginal people and visible minorities.