Logistics done differently.
Ranked as the #1 North American logistics company according to Transport Topics, XPO Logistics is among the most admired companies in the world according to Fortune Magazine. We realize that it takes a great team to keep us at the top of the industry, so we're always looking for talented people like you to help us keep our operations running smoothly. As the Director, LM Operations, you will have P&L responsibility for an assigned region and manage all aspects of operations. You'll be based out of either New York or New Jersey and will lead a team of direct reports, interact with key customer contacts and have accountability for driving operational efficiency while improving the overall customer experience. You've built an impressive career already and you're ready to take it to the next level. Become a part of our dynamic global team and we'll help you develop to a level that will exceed your expectations.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and more.
What you'll do on a typical day:
- Lead a team of field-based direct reports who are responsible for operational efficiency, customer service and contractor procurement
- Monitor financial metrics to identify trends and anticipate future outcomes; use financial discipline to guide business decisions
- Proactively manage customer service metrics to drive an excellent customer experience
- Provide guidance, training and performance management to employees while developing talent through continuous coaching
- Establish and maintain effective, collaborative work relationships both internally and externally
- Develop an understanding of the assigned region, including competitors and socioeconomic trends, to identify and prioritize opportunities
- Regularly monitor financial and service-related performance against commitments and targets; identify and implement specific initiatives to address performance shortfalls
- Manage expenses accurately and meet P&L budget goals; develop insightful, value-added and actionable analyses with detailed explanations regarding drivers of those results
- Prioritize regular workload, special tasks and concurrent projects, allocating time and resources to ensure that work is completed accurately and efficiently within established timeframe
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you'll need:
- 7 years of experience in carrier development, delivery, distribution logistics and facility/warehouse management
- Experience performing complex analyses of data, processes, policies, procedures and/or systems
It'd be great if you also have:
- Bachelors' degree in a business-related field
- 10+ years of experience in the logistics and transportation industry
- Proven leadership and collaboration skills with the ability to effectively supervise, coach and influence employees
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; able to present clean, organized and thorough information and data appropriate for intended audience
- Self-motivated work style with the ability to work well with minimal supervision or in a team environment; consult with team members and management as needed
- Strong organizational and time management skills
Be part of something big.
XPO is a leading provider of cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the most successful companies in the world. We help our customers manage their goods most efficiently using our technology and services. Our greatest strength is our global team - energetic, innovative people of all experience levels and talents who make XPO a great place to work.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
XPO adheres to CDC, OSHA and state and local requirements regarding COVID safety. All employees and visitors are expected to comply with XPO policies which are in place to safeguard our employees and customers.
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment may be required to take and pass a pre-employment drug test.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.